Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly failed due to broken DC's

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem during the assembly of my Software component in the Assembly tab. I am currently working on some enhancements which has to be released as a new version of the product.

Let me give you the activities which I have performed:

1. Created a new product and Software Component in SLD.

2. Created a new Track and added the dependenciesin CMS

3. Copied the SC from the old track to the new track (using "Forward from History") successfully.

4. moved the SC till Assembly tab.

But when i click on the "Assemble components" button, the assembly is failing. I used the CBS trace to find out the reason for failure.

There are 4 broken DC's in the new SC due to which the assembly is failing.

I imported this configuration in NWDS and under the Dev>Inactive><package name> i can see those broken DC's.

I tried deleting the folder containing the broken DC's, but the option for delete is not enabled and hence cannot be deleted.

Please let me know how to correct this problem.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check-in and import the base SCA's into all stages of the new track?

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the reply. Once i created a track and added the SC to it, I have performed all the activities till assembly.

One more thing, if i try to assemble the new SC without doing the forward, it assembles successfully. But if i do a forward from the source SC to the target and try to assemble it gives an error.

I also checked in the CBS WebGui-->select the Buildspace from the dropdown and select the SC it shows the 4 broken DC's.

Once i click on the DC in the below table then, it gives the following reason for being broken-->"USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED"

Please let me know when does this error occur?

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

As you informed that assembly step working in source track but after forwarding it to target track,it is not working.

In the target track , add dependent SC s of the source SC and then try again.

Best Regards,

Koti Reddy