Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit stuck in QI

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have serial number managed FERT material, for these material we do back flush - 04 type inspection.

Problem is for couple of material stock is stuck in QI.

If we go in stock overview screen (MMBE) and try to see serial number with right click on stock then message comes -

"No object were selected."

If we try to do UD of insp lot system send following two error message:

"Stock data of serial number xxxx not suitable for movement."

"Serial number xxxx can't be used here"

For one case serial number status is "AVLB" while for other case it is "ESTO".

Please help to resolve this issue.

Tom.

Edited by: Tom_Eric on Dec 23, 2009 1:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here the best solution would be reverese the material document through "document specific reversal" MF41.

Reverce the document & again check the status of Inspection Lot as well as the serial Number.If it is AVLB you can use them.

I hope this will help

Regards

Sujit

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

I dint get any SAP note on this subject. Request you to kindly put the same query in PP forum so that you may get better solutions

Regards

Gajesh

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gajesh, If we go with this solution then we have to develop new profile & put it in production server with t-request.

Now we have used exit, which force us to use one of the standard serial profile only, so if we want to go with this then we have to add our custom profile logic here too. Even we have to change master data for this material & serial number combination.

Our business don't want to go with this solution, b'se of 3 to 4 t-request.

Do you have any SAP not to remove this stock in consistency?

Suggestions are appreciated.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

Please follow the steps

1) Dummy profile will have no procedures attached to it.

2) Assign this dummy profile in material master

3) cancel the material document (GR - 101)

4) reassign your original profile to the material master

5) do the GR again and give the serial number which is having status AVLB

Regards

Gajesh

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are the Santa Claus of this holiday!!!!!!

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

I have faced this issue and this was the only way i could solve it. But this I have tried in a discrete process.

Please try it out and see whether it is allowing or not.

Regards

Gajesh

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

at the time of creating dumy profile what point I need to make sure?

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

You can assign and reassign the serial profile in Workscheduling view in MM02. To reverse the documnet you will have to attach aprofile which has no procedure attached to it. Then only system will allow it to reverse

Regards

Gajesh

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here Gajesh initially we have done MFBF, at the same time system created 04 lot & post stock in QI (mov 131), now we are not able to move stock from QI due to some inconsistency.

Now as per suggestion we have to create one dumy profile Z000 , which has no procedure attached. then we need to reassign this profile to material master.

Do you think system will allow us to do this? b'se system has already created serial number with ref to this profile. Even once we assign this profile then system will allow to cancel original material document? if we cancel original doc this way then will system remove QI stock?

let me correct if my understanding is wrong.......

Edited by: Tom_Eric on Dec 24, 2009 7:38 AM

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

If you try to reverse the document with current serial number profile system will not allow you.

Create a dummy profile which doesnt have any procedure assigned to it. assign this to material master and then reverse the 101 document.

Once reversed you can re assign the original profile and do the GR again

Regards

Gajesh

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is no problem with profile, because for same material & profile combination we have done so many GR & UD. No problem at all, but I don't know how business has created this document b'se stock is in QI but if I go to IQ03 to see stock type then it coming as blank.

I am new in this area, so one more question how i need to reassign profile at MM02?

Sujit, If we try to do reverse with MF41 then also system giving same error message.

Gajesh, I have tried with sujjested OSS note, but system says there is no consistency between MM & QM.

Any suggestion?

Edited by: Tom_Eric on Dec 24, 2009 2:32 AM

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have two case in which stock stuck in QI.

Case - 1: Serial number status is AVLB

Case 2: Serial nuber status is ESTO.

In both case we are not able to do UD. Let me suggest in which case we need to reverse the document?

Gajesh, in ur suggested second case I am not getting, what I need to do? create profile & attache to material master? We hv already created profile & assigned to MM.

what is the best way to reverse this doc? MF41 or MBST?

FYI - In IQ03 --> stock type field usually it comes with QI or UNR but in these two case it is black.

Tom.

Edited by: Tom_Eric on Dec 23, 2009 7:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the best way to reverse this doc? MF41 or MBST?

MF41 is used when you are using REM scenario.MBST will not work in REM as there is no production order.

MBST is used when you are not backflusing the components.

Regards

Sujit

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

Check these 2 solution

1) Use sap note 48815 to remove the inconsistancy and the stock will get posted to unrestricted

2) Create a serial number profile which has no profiles maintained in it. attach the same in the material master. Now do Document reversal with MBST. once done change the serial number profile to the original one in the material master. then do the GR again with AVLB serial numbers

Regards

Gajesh