cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to File, variable substitution on outbound message XML tag attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is IDOC to FILE using XSL mappings.The target format is 2 XML tags (header, line) with the data stored in the attributes of each tag.

EG. <header attr1=one attr2=two attr3=three><line attr1=one attr2=two /></header>

The name of the file is dictated by an outbound attribute value in the header tag.

Can I get access to it the attribute in the target message in the CC_FILE using variable substution. ?

Currently I am not using content conversion as the XSL produces the file format needed, so I would pefer not to change the outbound message format/structure as this is going to an external party. I would prefer not to change the outbound format as this would need content conversion to strip the unwanted/information/processing node that is used for this purpose (file naming).

The name is a calculation of fields in the IDOC and is not explicit dictated (business logic is applied in the mapping to get the file name), so I would prefer to use the attribute of the resulting XML to keep the "business logic" in the XSL..

Things that cannot be changed.... 1. Must use XSL.for mapping. 2. Format cannot be changed of the outbound message. 3. Would prefer not to involved content conversion to keep formatting/node structure in the XSL mapping.

I have seen some reference to this being possible on the forums but nothing solid from what Ive read.

Something like var1 = payload:/Header/@attr1 in variable sub to get at the attribute

Any comments ?

Thanks in advance.

One final piece of info. its on a PI 7.1 system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Variable substitution with attribute value is not possible.. Instead you can try to set the attribute value in some standard fields and then using dynamic configuration name the file.. By using standard fields you dont have to change your target structure.

Refer this blog /people/jin.shin/blog/2007/04/27/sap-netweaver-xi-variable-substitution-with-adapter-specific-message-attributes-via-dynamicconfigurationbean

Regards

Suiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have posted another question but I think XSL calling Java for Dynamic Configuration in 7.1 is a bit limited

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

>>I have posted another question but I think XSL calling Java for Dynamic Configuration in 7.1 is a bit limited

But why?? We can use java in XSL mapping. check this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/7ef3003fc411d6b1f700508b5d5211/frameset.htm

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think its best explained by my other thread Link: .

Thanks for the link I have already implemented based on that link but the one crucial difference is that it is implemented using a static method with no reference to the actual object (payload) for Dynamic configuration. It seems that without the 7.0 API which isnt available in 7.1 by default XSL with java extentions is limited to static methods. If you could read the other thread it certainly is possible I'm mistaken.

Answers (0)