Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature - Signature Reason

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon All

I have successfully configured the Digital Signature functionality in Version 6.0 and it is functioning according to the business needs to the exception of one key item which is an FDA requirement.

I configured the reason for signature remarks in the table SIGNOBJECT and this shows up as expected in the DSAL log in the "reason for signature" column.

However, there is also another column in the DSAL log called "ADD.info to signature Reason" which is equivalent to the "remark" field that the user selects from during execution of the Digital signature for results recording, QEDS or UD.

When somebody executes a review in the QEDS transaction, this remark field populates with "Addtnl Signature for Process". I need to change this remark. The field name is SIGN_REMARK.

According to SAP help there is a method of customizing this remark and having the option of selecting the remark from a list of predefined remarks, and adding it to the signature when executing the digital signature. The individual remark texts are provided by the application.

Does anybody know where in customizing I can maintain or create these remarks?

Regards

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you ever figure this out?

Craig

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

Unfortunately I didn't get a response or solution to this query.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post any link to the help file that gave you that info. I've been searching for it but to no avail.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michelle,

Please look at your other question on DMR that you recently updated.

Craig

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

The link I read regards the crations of various remarks is in the "remark" section of the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/9d/e00c3c3fd5af47e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Don't know if this helps but yesterday we did a trace on where the comment was coming from in the QEDS transaction and identified that the program calls a function module QSS7_PROCESS_SIGNATURE (program SAPLQSS7). In this program, it populates the remark id and the remark

lw_sign_remark_id = "00"

lw_sign_remark-sign_remark = text_DSO

The value of text-DS0 which is used above is retrieved directly from the Text Symbols of the program from where the function module resides. This is Hard Coded and cannot be changed. DSO holds the value "Addtl Signature for process" and this is the remark that we are trying to change.

We just do not believe that this remark is hardcoded and based on the comment in the remarks field of the SAP help file believe that there is somewhere else to adjust the content of the e-sig remark fields.

I am going to try your DMR solution today - it'll be a few days before I can test the result. I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards

Michelle

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting. I'm not even showing that FM in our system. The program SAPLQSS7 is also nonexistent. We only go up to SAPLQSS6.

Craig

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Craig

After many communications with SAP, the remark in QEDS is hard coded and cannot be corrected until potentially the next release.

Since the signature in QEDS is (technically) triggered in function module qss7_process_signature it's actually also not

possible to print the inspection lot number/operation in the signature remark, since this information is not available in the

interface of the function module per design. This functionality is available for the remark associated with the QE51N results recording E-Sig.

Hope this is help to you if you implement E_Sig in the future.

Thanks for all your input

Michelle

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

Thought I'd give you a quick update on the E_Sig functionality in Version 6.0.

Unfortunately it has many bugs but I'm working with the SAP developers in Germany and they are generating alot of pilot OSS notes which we are testing to verify if the errors are resolved. They have been extremely helpful and quick at addressing the issues.

The down side is that the Signature reason functionality in Version 6.0 EHP 3 is NOT 21CFR Part 11 compliant and cannot be fixed by the generation of an OSS note so therefore standard SAP code would have to be changed.

They will be working with us to identify the ideal solution and this new code will be released into the next hotpack/enhancement package release.

Thanks for your previous input.

Michelle

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Michelle!

Keep their feet to the fire!!!

FF/Craig