cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusion of stock categories from SNP Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am trying to exclude specific stock categories from SNP Planning (Heuristics/CTM). These categories include 'CI' (Blocked stock) and 'CF' (Stock in Quality Inspection). According to note 487166, Blocked Stock is not relevant for planning and Quality Inspection stock is relevant for planning. Apparently this is hard coded. Still, the system seems to be taking both Blocked and Quality Stock into consideration when executing heuristics or CTM.

I have also attempted to deselectu2019 Stock in Quality Inspection' and 'Blocked Stock' in the product master > Demand > Available Stock tab, but the system still considers them during planning.

I have also read that the user exit APOCF011 can be used to change the stock category and change the Planning Relevance. However, the down side of this is that not all business unites want to use this same logic and this is a system wide change.

I was hoping there was an easier way then the user exit (e.g. setting in product master > Demand tab), but there does not seem to be any other options? At the very least, I would expect Blocked Stock not to be considered as relevant to planning (according to OSS Note 487166). However, this does not seem to be the case in our system.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The settings in Product Master should work.. however just to make sure.. check the ST1 ATP Category Group for Open stock, whether block stock & inspection stocks are added to it. This is the Category group which actually calculates the Open Stock for initial column in SNP planning book. This does not contain Block stock or Inspection stock normally - but just make sure check these as well.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

There is a way to exclude some stock categories in SNP Planning. You can create a ATP category group just with those stock elements that you want to consider and assignt this category group in location, SNP tab. I use this configuration for SNP optimizer, and it should work for SNP heuristics.

I worked in few CTM projects, but if I were you I would create a order selection without some stock categories and assign this order seelction in planning scope/CTM profile.

Noriaki Kimoto

Answers (0)