cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the cursor to next field after scanning in RF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We are developing a RF custom transaction for ITSMOBILE.Can any one provide me some info on how to move the cursor to the next input field automatically after scanning the first filed ? is there any setting in the Device or any config missing or any development required for it?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two options:

Your RF Gun can be set up to do an Auto TAB operation after each scan. Or you can code an auto tab at the end of your Barcode.

Thanks

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the RF gun LXE MX8 and i dont find the auto tab option there. Please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pranathi - For instance if you have 3 Input OR Scan fields in a screen, as soon as you scan the value on the first input field, validate it and then set the field property of th einput field to Display Only, then upon ENTER the cursor will automatically go to the next input field. This is in a desktop. THe same will work in the RF Gun as long as the "Auto-Enter" is set up in your RF gun. This is the only setting required in your device and rest all ABAP. Good Luck.

-Gisk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your vendor should provide it in the manual on how to set up Auto TAB on the RF gun. It should be a sequence of barcode scans that the vendor provides. We did the same here for our LXE guns.

Thanks

VInod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just contacted the Vendor and the issue resloved.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check whether you can do it supressing that fields of the screen through programming by using any user exit.

Regards,

Prashant