cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object links error for custom object type.

pavan_rachamalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is my issue:

I am creating a new object type (Insurance object) and I am trying to link this to DMS. However I get a short dump in program LCV130F03 as there is no OBJECT_CHECK_ function module for my component. I see that there is an implicit enhancement in this subroutine (CHECK_DATA). But it does not allow me create an implementation. I get an error message saying No vendor specified. Is there a way to avoid this check for links for my custom object types.

We are on SAP_APPL603.

I do see that there is an OSS note 893196 related to this. But This note is not valid for SAP_APPL 603 (level in our system). The validity for this note is only till SAP_APPL 600.

Please let me know if there are any alternatives other than creating OBJECT_CHECK_ function module. The issue is I cannot create OBJECT_CHECK_ as this will be a modification. Please let me know the alternatives I have.

Thanks

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try to uncheck in the document type the attribute "check object link consistency"

Hope this helps.

Neil

pavan_rachamalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

This flag was not checked for my custom object type in status maintenance. Is there any other place where i need to uncheck this flag? please let me know.

Thanks

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Object check flag is status based and not specific to object link, so if you uncheck the flag then object_check_* wont be called for other object links too.

if you want to bypass this for specific object links; try implementing DOCUMENT_OBJ~object_check; return run_no_action = X.

Regards

Surjit

pavan_rachamalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Surjit,

Thanks a lot for the input. I tried that, but that did not work either.

I have set up filter criteria as my object for BADI DOCUMENT_OBJ. However the transaction CV03N does not call to get CL_EXITHANDLER class GETINSTANCE method for DOCUMENT_OBJ. I see it calls for only for exit_name DOCUMENT_MAIN02. Do i need to set up something for calling this ?

Thanks

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked and the badi method is called for cv01n and cv02n....

FM CV115_OBJLINKS_EXISTENCE_CHECK calls this method...

Regards

Surjit

pavan_rachamalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for that. You are right that this exit is called only when we aer in change or create mode. Other thing is this is called only when there is a change in status or when you are saving the document. It does not trigger this exit when you changing the tabs. I get the short dump when i go to object links tab in CV02N or CV03N. I am not sure whether there is any way to fix this problem.

Thanks

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my knowledge, you must create fm- OBJECT_CHECK_<object_name>, this is the only way out to avoid short dump.

check - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b2/c043a66fab11d1949500a0c92f024a/content.htm

Regards

Surjit