cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Listener - Not working / Listening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using MII 12.0.2. From SAP, we are connecting MII via iDoc. It was working fine before two days. But suddenly it is showing "No data was found in result" in Message Monitor. From SAP we are tried to send the iDoc. But XMII is not responding and still it is showing same message. In SAP at WE02, it is showing Green light mark. But not able to receive in MII.

In message listener server properties we gave gwhost,gwserv,progid and in client properties we gave client,user,passwd,lang,sysnr and ashost. Message type at SAP and Processing rule editor are same. But still showing the same messgae and not listening. How to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

have you changed something in your browser or th user settings in the UME?

If so, have a look at this thread: [http://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=36050682&messageID=8338503]. I sometimes experience an empty window in the Message Monitor if the language in the browser differs from the language of the UME for the current user.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Language in my Browser and UME settings are english only. In listener also I gave in lang as "en" but it is not working.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Senthil,

First I would go back to the document posted in the MII wiki and make sure all minimal settings are set correctly (probably are since it used to work).

Next, check the NW logs to see if there are any helpful error messages there. In particular, check to see if there are any references to BEAN.

Is it possible that someone else reused the RFC Prog ID in NW? Or alternatively tried to create a new IDoc Listener on the ERP side using the same Name but pointing to a different MII (or other destination)?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we stopped the message listener and tested in SAP. In SAP it is showing "Program <progid> not registered". Then we started messge listener and in SAP it is showing Green but now also same message "No data was found in result" showing in Message monitor in MII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can open the message listener, it may be a different case than we encountered.

I would then follow Mike's proposal to see if the receiver of the message is someone else. Can you receive other messages in your Message Monitor?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We tried by changing the server in MII. First we tried to connect SAP QA -> MII DEV. It is connected and SAP QA -> MII QA also connected. But SAP DEV -> MII DEV and SAP DEV -> MII QA is not showing any messages (same old message). But in SAP DEV it is showing in WE02 as Green light.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any messages in the Netweaver Log? On the Netweaver hosts file, does your DEV system has an entry? Just some ideas...

Michael

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Did you use the same prog id to connect SAP QA and SAP DEV to the same instance of MII? Or alternatively are you using the same prog id to connect from a single instance of SAP (either QA or DEV) to MII QA and MII DEV?

If so, NW is getting confused. It needs to be one to one for a prog id. Please check and make sure they are all individually set with their own Prog ID.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I look in the application log and it showed below errors when i tried to save the Message listener:

com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize server configuration was saved#

com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize server has been started#

com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize preocrssing rule was updated#

In localization i have BTN_INSERT (Value as Insert against English) and BTN_DELETE (Value as Delete against English).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are receiving MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE message from SAP DEV but not able to receive iDoc.

I set

type=3

trace=1 in client properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recieving the MODEL is good news.

Please have a look at the Netweaver log (Monitoring - Logs and Traces) and choose "Predefined Views - Expert". Then display Log File "dev_rfc.trc" and scroll to the bottom of the list.

Are there any errors that point to RFC problems (maybe also authorization) ?

Michael

Edited by: Michael Otto on Dec 23, 2009 8:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not showing any error in this file. It contains errors which was on September month only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

are there any errors in SAP tran SM58 concerning the missing IDoc?

Michael

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Senthil,

The times that I have seen the MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE error, there were two end targets in NW for the same RFC Destination. Most of the time people have trouble setting up an IDoc Listener is because they do additional "necessary" setup in NW. The additonal setup breaks the connection. Even some rather experienced BASIS developers have made this mistake.

[Use this link:|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/bpx-community/manufacturing/how%20to%20send%20an%20idoc%20from%20sap%20ecc%20to%20the%20sap%20mii%20idoc%20listener.pdf]

Can you please post the entire error message from the log?

For troubleshooting purposes, I think you should create a brand new IDoc Listener using only the steps in the setup document with new and different names for each object. And do nothing which is not specified in the document.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We found following error in Defaulttrace log file.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.xmii.dataqueue.enums.TypeSafeEnum Found in negative cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Have you also tried to pass the values for gwhost and gwserv in client properties as well?

Regards,

Kumar