cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insp. Lot Start Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

I have one inspection lot of origin 03 i.e. production. This production order has 3 operations in which 2nd operation has control key related to inspection. Operation 10 is not for QM

Whole Order is released on 10.12.2009 and accordingly i can see lot start date as 10.12.2009 WHICH IS WRONG.

Lot start date should be when operation 20 is starting i.e. 12.12.2009 but it shows 10.12.2009 when order is released. It should be operation specific dates

Why is system taking order release date as inspection lot start date? Is this standard SAP???

Please reply

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vicky

As I mentioned earlier inspection start date for 03 inspection lot is dependent on the order scheduled start date. please check for the order what is the schduleded start date.

It is not the release date

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal

Correcting myself, 03 inspection lot picks up the scheduled start date of the order and not the released date. what i meant was to ask whether in all the operation the date is maintained was 12.10.2009 then system should pick up the Insp start date as 12th itself

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

My concerns was that i had only 2 operations out of 4 related to QM. Operation 20 was on 12.12.2009 but since order released on 10.12.2009; Insp start date comes as 10th itself

Ideally its not correct b'cos on 10.12.2009 i have operation 10 viz not related to QM inspection and i think this is standard SAP behaviour

Any comments?

Regards

Edited by: Vicky Khabrani on Dec 23, 2009 11:23 AM

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vicky

03 inspection start date is based on operation date only. It is not based on the release day of the production .

When an inspection lot is created for a production order, the scheduled start of the order is used as the planned starting date.

you can get the same in the sap help also. Go to QA03 for the 03 inspection lot > DATA for lot origin> press f1 on inspection start date

Check the order for the inspection lot and confirm whether the date maintained for the QM operation is 12.10.2009

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I wonder if we have more than one operation with quality check e.g. say 2nd and 4th operation is related to quality inspection.And say 2nd operation starts on 12th and say 4th operation starts on 16th, then how system should behave.Actually system will generate only one inspection lot for one order.So in such case what will be insp. start datewill it be same as that of 1st inspection operation i.e. 12th?

Vishal Jonnalwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Yes it is SAP standard.The moment order is released and saved, inspection lot will be generated.

Vishal Jonnalwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply but its incorrect behaviour. Do you have any SAP Note or path in library which justifies this? I was also having same opinion but could not find any document

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vicky,

actually system will generate only one inspection lot for one order.So suppose you have more than one operation with quality check e.g. say 2nd and 4th operation is related to quality inspection.And as u say 2nd operation starts on 12th and say 4th operation starts on 16th, then as per you how system should behave.Though there are two different operation related to quality, inspection lot will be generated on the same date as that of order released date.So it will behave like that only.

Vishal Jonnalwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fully agree with you Vishal. I request if there is some supporting document for this i.e. some note or in library if its written. Please share if you have such path or document

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if this link helps you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46C/helpdata/EN/89/9bb43418e43b4ae10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

In this go to "inspection triggered by release of orders"

Edited by: VISHAL JONNALWAR on Dec 22, 2009 1:51 PM