cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP 6.0 EHP4: productversion/main instance in SMSY ?

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

I had a problem with MOPZ when searching for the newest HR Supportpackages (LCPs for Germany) for a ERP 6.0 EHP4 system. The SAP-system was part of a logical component Z_CORE... with product version ERP 6.0. (The details below header data showed EHP4 for ERP 6.0, but the leading product version below "installed productversion" was ERP 6.0. So it was only possible to find HR 600 packages but not the correct HR 604 packages.

I deleted the system out of the logical component Z_CORE...and changed the leading productversion to "SAP ERP Enhancementpackage, Productversion EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0". Afterwards it was necessary to change the main instance from automatic "SAP Integration for SWIFT" to "Central Applications".

Then I created a new logical component Z_CORE...EHP4 with the same productversion and added the <SID>:<clnt> to the log. component. Then I added my new component Z_CORE...EHP4 to the solution and then I was able to select the files manually in MOPZ:

productversion "EHP4 for ERP 6.0"

SID= <SID>

Button "Select files for EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0"

Entry by Component

Human Capital Mgmt

SAP HR 6.04 etc.

Several questions:

1) In one note I found that even with EHP4, the product in SMSY should be "ERP 6.0" , but that does not work. Any experiences ?

2) Why is the main instance after changing the leading product "SAP Integration for SWIFT" ? Make no sense for me....

3) What is the difference between

a) SAP ERP Enhancementpackage /EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0/NW 7.01

b) SAP ERP Enhancementpackage /EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0

4) I am bit unsure if it it also necessary to select "Human Capital Management" as additional instance (in addition to the "Central Applications" which is the LEADING main instance.

SAP seems to use the same name in different terms . When upgrading to ERP 6.0 EHP4, it was not necessary to select technical usage "Human Capital Mgmt" because it is included in "Central Appplications", but in marketplace the SPs could not be found below "Central Applications" but only below "Human Capital Mgmt".

5) Freshly after upgrade, I started data transfer from SLD. Then as product/instance ECC VPACK was generated and I had to change it manually to ERP (which now turned to be wrong). Looks like the solman sometimes has strange ideas... ?

Best regards

Uta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to answer all you questions, i will suggest you to first read below guide. In which you will get all information.

Also, even after installing EHP4, system version in SMSY will remain ERP 6.0

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000293582009E.PDF

Thanks

Sunny

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

o.k. I found in the guide:

You can choose one of the following two product versions for SAP enhancement package 4:

- EHP 4 for SAP ERP 6.0

o Use this product version for ABAP-only systems and if you do not want to update your connected Portal or BI to 7.01.

- EHP 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01

o Use this option for dual-stack systems.

o Use this option if you want to update your Portal or your BI system to 7.01.

So, the know the difference now.

For Productversion:

The MOPZ with product version ERP 6.0 didn't work: packages couldn't be find through MOPZ, so the information from the guide

Even if you already have installed SAP enhancement packages, register the system as a regular SAP ERP 6.0 system! Also, make sure that your system is not registered as an SAP ECC 6.0 system!

seems to be wrong or maybe this is only valid for a system which will be brought to EHP4 afterwards.

Regards,

Uta

Edited by: Uta Hedemann on Dec 22, 2009 4:44 PM

Edited by: Uta Hedemann on Dec 22, 2009 4:55 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> For Productversion:

> The MOPZ with product version ERP 6.0 didn't work: packages couldn't be find through MOPZ, so the information from the guide

>

Even if you already have installed SAP enhancement packages, register the system as a regular SAP ERP 6.0 system! >Also, make sure that your system is not registered as an SAP ECC 6.0 system!

seems to be wrong or maybe this is >only valid for a system which will be brought to EHP4 afterwards.

>

Information in the guide is correct. You should register your system as ERP 6.0 only then you will be download file from MOPZ.

Thanks

Sunny