Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I need to get formal confirmation regarding support for MS Office:

1. BI add-on u2013 integration strategy with MS Office 2010

2. CO - Report painter data export to .XLSX

3. LSMW u2013 global question: are we going to support .XLSX. If yes, when

will it come?

4. ALV u2013 when export to .XLSX

5. HR u2013 forms: when .DOCX as a standard?

When will we support MS Office 2010 in solutions mentioned In points 2-

5?

Could you please provide such information?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quite a lot of questions! I 'll try to give some light on some of them.

1 - Integration strategy between ERP and Microsoft Front-end (MOSS for ex) is clearly web-services for direct access or via ESB if interfaces have to be managed in a flexible manner (biztalk with SAP adapter or PI with Microsoft adapter). Between ERP and Microsoft office client (Excel / Outlook), Duet is the target but product adaption is quite low - so a microsoft "business middleware" could bridge the gap (Dynamics suite for ex).

2 - XLSX is XML so can be generated from SAP from a template file (via specific ABAP development). From scratch, I haven't heard about any API available yet - except if you go the other side and develop an Excel plug-in for SAP.

3 / 4 / 5 --> Same anwer, you can do it by ABAP custom development with XML management functions available in Abap NetWeaver 7.0 - you however need template files because not possible from scratch.

Hope this helps,

Yann

Dorian
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin:

As Yann has observed, an SAP integration solution has been provided in the form of DUET. For those companies that do not want to implement a DUET server in their SAP infrastructure, we can provide an alternative MS Office integration tool. You can find a document that gives an overview of the tool plus a comparison with DUET at [http://www.soa-connect.com/SOA-Connections_Product_Overview.pdf].

I'm not sure how hard it would be to extend this utility to take ALV output; that would be an interesting project ......

Regards,

D.