cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component and Application Configuration not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I want to disable the reject button in HCM Processes and Forms Webdynpro component HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE and in application asr_process_execute only for some specific roles in Portal. So I tried to use the component configuration followed by the application configuration and passed this configuration id as a application parameter in the Portal, but its not working.Please find below the config steps which I did, let me know if I am missing anything.

1. Created a new Component configuration ZTEST for the Webdynpro component HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE and changed the property of the Reject button to "Invisible".

2. Created a new Application configuration ZTEST1 for the Webdynpro application ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE and included the component configuration in the application configuration.

3. Created an Application Parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID for the Webdynpro application ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE and hard coded its value as ZTEST1(Application configuration ID) for testing purpose.

4. Tried to test the application from Portal, but didn't work. I don't think the UWL customization is required at this point as we have hardcoded the WDCONFIGURATIONID in the Webdynpro Application.

Regards,

Sapient

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The way you have done it, it should work fine. Try doing it using implicit enhancement. Open the view editor where your button is present. Click on the spiral button (6th from left in se80 in button toolbar).

Create a enhancement, after that delete the button UIelement from UIelement hierarchy.

Activate your implementation.

Regards

Vishal Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your advice, i can do that, but the button will be removed for all the roles(users), I need to hide this button only for some specific roles. I will be passing the application parameter to portal to achieve this. So I cannot enhance this. Please let me know if you have any other idea.

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the webdynpro iview that displays your webdynpro component in the portal, try to specify the WDCONFIGURATIONID in the parameter 'CONFIGURATIONNAME' and try executing the application.

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

If I test only the Application configuration by directly executing it in SE80, its working fine, but If I test the application itself by hard-coding the application parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID then its not working. Please let me know what is that I am missing.

Another thing i noticed was the interface view associated with the application HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE - ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE has a Inbound plug called DEFAULT which has importing parameters which are same as the application parameters, but the application parameter WDCONFIGURATIONID is not available here and we don't have option to add it as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to use this sap-wd-configId instead of WDCONFIGURATIONID

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a same issue....the work around we got was that we had to create an enhancement...we removed the standard button...and created our custom button in place of the standard button....of course...the action method for our custom button was the same as the standard button....now since it is a custom button we were able to control the visibility of it....

you can try to do it the same way....there is no coding involve in this...only removing the standard button and placing in your own button....SAP does not allow changing the properties of the standard ui elements.....just want to mention that by removing the standard button...you are not actually removing the button....it stays on the layout....but it will not show up when you run the application....but your own custom button will show up....

If you do not know the procedure of removing the standard ui...it is fairly easy...right click on the ui element under the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER...and select remove element....as i said before do not worry you are not removing it completely...it stays on the layout...and if you want to put it back...just right click on it again and select "undo deletion"....that is all

once you have your custom button there...you can control it the way you want...depending on the role....

Thanks..

AS...

Answers (0)