cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMP vs BMP Beans? When to use each one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually this is more of a clarification question than an actual issue. To give a background, we're creating a Web Dynpro application that must be connected to an Oracle Database. However,we're in the process of deciding whether to use BMP or CMP to connect the application to the database.

However, there is a direction to use Oracle Views and Stored Procedures. Since I am new to CMP, I was wondering if this is possible in CMP beans as well.

Would like to ask if you have any suggestions on which is the better approach? Pros and cons would be helpful, and additional resources would be useful too.

Thanks!

Angelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once of issues I will considering is the coding effort required incase of BMP. Also performance I have not seen any big difference between both these.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Angelo,

We should start developing CMP beans, unless we require some kind of special bean, like multi-tables, that cannot be completely realized with a single bean. Then when we realize that we need something more or that we prefer handling the persistence (performance issue are the most common reason), we can change the bean from a CMP to a BMP.

For more info, pls let us know.

Thanks,

Hamendra