cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer stock from Stock type F1 to stock type F2 in EWM ??

0 Kudos

How to transfer stock from Stock type F1 to stock type F2 in EWM ?? I am unable to post goods issue for OD. stock is available in F1 (100 EA) but storage bin determination is showing stock type F2.

Regards,

Shashi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

amritabose1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just to add to Deepak's comment, to move the staock type from F1 to F2, ensure the destination storage type, mark the Mandatory check box.

When you create the warehouse task and enter the destination storage type with the mandatory check, the stock will be converted from F1 to F2

Former Member
0 Kudos

now the final storage type contains more than one stock type so I can't set mandatory indicator ,how can the posting change hapen automatically when the product put away to the destin bin?

former_member186262
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Shashi

Both the responses are correct with respect to posting stock from one St Type to another. However in most cases it is not practical to manually post stock from St Type to another every time you need to do a GI. The transfer of stock from one st type to another (in your case F1 to F2) needs to be automated when the the GR is done. For this the triggers are the Sloc / Availability group config, availability group / WPT config and the stock types allowed in each WPT / St Type. You can play around with these configurations and ensure that every time you do a GR confirmations and final putaway is confirmed the stock is transfered to the final putaway bin and the stock type is changed from F1 to F2.

BTW The logic behind having F1 and F2 is that GI should not select products which are yet to be putaway.

Hope this helps

Regards

Deepak Joshi

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

We are facing an issue with the Picking of OBD and identifying the source bin.

We already have sufficien stock of the material in a storage bin and the stok type is F2.

When we create an OBD and when I create a warehouse order the stock type is F1.

When I further try to create a warehouse task the error message I get is no storage bin found and hence canot proceed.

Any pointers as to what might be wrong. Is it an issue with the stock type F1 appearing in the OBD whereas the stock in storage bin is F2.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to EWM and i am facing the same problem of locating material from the storage bins. The stock when it is puataway is of type F2, but when the OBD is created it looks for material of type F1.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hemant, didn't I explain that in my course?

First of all: why do you have F1 and F2 as stock types? Because you have different storage locations assigned to the same warehouse. And the storage locations are mapped to the stock type via availability groups. When you receive the stock in the ROD storage location it is F2, but you sell the stock from the AFS storage location, which corresponds to stock type F1 (that is the standard SAP scenario).

If you receive the stock in F2 and it does not change to F1 you have to control the settings on the final storage type. They need to show the availability group assigned to the storage location AFS and also have the flag "mandatory" (in order to enforce a posting change from ROD to AFS once the material has reached the final bin).

Another solution would be to set up the stock determination so that for a requirement of F1 the F2 stock could be found (IMG: Extended Warehouse Management -> Cross-Process Settings -> Stock determination), but I suppose that is not what you want to do, when you have set up the system to use different stock types.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure I understood what config changes need to happen. I have exactly the same issue as Hemant in the previous post and I believe that this is standard SAP config to have the stock type change from F1 to F2 at final putaway. So when you want to create an WT for the ODO, should it not pick the stock type F2 lying in the final bin. However, the ODO looks for stock type F1 and comes back with error message soruce storage bin not found. Pls suggest steps to solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically stock type is determined based on the Availability groups in EWM. You assign plant / storage location combination to Availability group in EWM.

Odd number at the end of Stock Type (F1) indicates that the stock is still in Received on Dock(AG 0001) status. When you put it away into final bin, stock type will be changed to F2 , if the Storage Type is assigned to availability group (0002).

When outbound delivery is created, Plant/ storage location that is specified on the Delivery should be assigned to availability group 0002 in EWM so that system looks for stock type F2.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Vinod.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some things to consider.

The SAP standard scenario is based on two storage locations, ROD (received on dock) and AFS (available for sale). Both are mapped in EWM to "availability groups". These availability group together with the "non-location dependent stock type" gives you the stock type (like F1 or F2).

So:

Storage location - availability group - non-location dep. stock type - stock type

Example:

ROD - 0001 - FF (free stock) - F1

AFS - 0002 - FF - F2

ROD - 0001 - QQ (quality stock) - Q3

(in the table the plant, warehouse nbr and business system are part of the first determination as well, I let this out for simplicity).

When you receive the material with an inbound delivery it should have the combination of Plant / Stor.Loc ROD. That gets translated into the availability group, together with the non-location dependent stock type it gives you the stock type you should find in the inbound delivery in EWM and on the stock in the goods receipt staging area (if you post GR first).

Two tricks: the first one: which storage location do you find in the outbound delivery? This is the standard picking storage location stuff, nothing fancy. But if you use this scenario, of course you have to find AFS.

Second: how do you get the materials from F1 to F2??? Each storage type in EWM has a field for "availability group" and a "mandatory" flag next to it. You have your material in stock type F1 (=availability group 0001) and move it into the final bin - which is in a storage type which should then be set up to have the availability group 0002 and the mandatory flag. In the moment when you confirm the warehouse task, a posting change is done: from availibility group 0001 to 0002, the stock type changes from F1 to F2, a posting change from ROD to AFS is triggered in ERP.

Clearer now?

Brgds

Juergen

former_member200116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am successfully able to putaway the stock to destination BIN under AFS store but when I confirm the warehouse task and the stock is moved to final bin with F2 stock type , transfer posting is not trig-erring in ERP. The flag mandatory is set for storage types.

Any customization i am missing

BR

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert:

Are there any BAPI / FM for this ??

Regards !

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In whole thread I seen one point missing that assignment of availability group with the storage types in EWM.

In master data -> define storage type, you can see that assignment.

Hence whenever you did final putaway in storage type which is having different availability group that source storage type availability group, automatically stock will transfer from respective Storage location to another SLOC in ERP using 411 mvt type.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In EWM you change the stock type of material through posting change.

Tcode : /SCWM/POST.

Give the below details:

1.Go to Tcode /SCWM/POST.Execute by giving material number.You get material available in all bins.

2.Select the line[material in particular bin u want to change it to Stock type F2 from F1] and click on switch to form view.

3.Give below details

a.Quantity u want to change to F2

b.Warehouse process type

c.Reason

d.Destination storage type + storage section + storage bin

e.stock type - F2

4.Click on create + save.This will create warehouse order.Just confirm warehouse order through tcode : .SCWM/TO_CONF.

5.This will change the stock type of material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sashidhar

To transfer stock of a material from one storage type to another, you can display the bin stock of the source storage type (same as with the bin status report). From this display you can select the stock to be transferred and create the respective transfer orders.

Procedure

Choose Logistics --> Logistics Execution --> Internal Warehouse Processes --> Stock Transfer --> Create Transfer Order --> From Stock List from the SAP menu.

Enter the warehouse number and the storage type. You can limit the selection to a storage bin or range of storage bins.

A warehouse stock list appears.

From the list displayed, select line items which are not blocked that you want to move to another bin.

The system flags blocked items with a padlock symbol.

To specify the destination storage bin, select Stock transf.frgrnd (stock transfer foreground). To allow the system to select a destination bin for you, select Stock transf.bckgrnd (stock transfer background).

The system creates a transfer order to move the stock.

Once you have moved the stock to the new bin location, confirm the transfer order to complete the transaction.

Regards

Vinayak M G.