cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF process for Purchase Req

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sap folks,

Can i know if purchase reqs are CIF from APO to R/3. We see that a material in R/3 is externally procured and it was planned also in APO. I know that purchase reqs can be cif from R/3 to APO. And can i know what is the name equivalent of purchase req in APO and R/3? thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wade/ Viren

i have a question here.

for example in SRM , srm is a master to determine the number range of Purchase request but really PR will be created in ECC system but SRM supplies numbers for PR.

but in APO , master system is a ECC right. Only ECC system creates a number range for Demand right?

HOW PR flows in APO vs ECC

like Viren said Demand created n APO and PR created w.r.t demand in ECC and transmited to APO system

Appreciate more discussions

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

There is no simple answer because these systems can be integrated in a number of different ways.

It is possible to create purchase reqs in ECC and CIF them to APO. The PRs could be created manually in ECC. If planning is also done in ECC, then the PRs might even be initiated by ECC MRP. When a PR is created in ECC, the visible order number remains the same in both systems. (under the surface, APO actually keeps track of these PRs using a different number, but that is another story altogether).

It is also possible to create purchase reqs in APO. These PRs can be created manually in APO. If planning is being done in APO, then the PRs can be created by a PP/DS Heuristic, by the Optimizer, by CTM, or by Deployment. In this case, the visible order number has a unique range that is different from the R/3 PR number range. When these PRs are published to R/3, they are used to CREATE a new PR in R/3, using a PR order number from the R/3 number range. This order may pick up some additional data from R/3, and then in turn be immediately CIFd back to APO, where it REPLACES the original APO PR.

It is possible to create PRs in both systems for the same material. In either scenario, ECC/APO are able to transparently trade data back and forth about these orders, in real time if necessary (well, almost real time, it is a queued interface and not a synchronous interface).

I recommend you review the online help, which explains these processes clearly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/64/08533b89050863e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

also some good info here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/1c/22703760bf2d7ee10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

including a nice section about transferring PRs to ECC.

Rgds,

DB49

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DB

Thanks

so you are stating that APO system itself can create a Purchase request in APO system and transmit to ECC.

is it like that PR numbers internally in APO system and externally in ECC system?

plz clarify?

in our APO system , our PRs are created in ECC but triggered by APO system and this created ECC PR by APO can see in rrp3 tcodes.

my question again here .

Is APO system is a master system or ECC is a master system. I heard that in ECC only we can edit the PRs, is it true? so ECC is a leading system?

Why two possibel made by sap ?

APO PR to ECC PR and APO triggers PR in ECC and transmitted to APO system?

please expalin

BR

Muthu

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

APO system itself can create a Purchase request in APO system and transmit to ECC.

Yes

Is APO system is a master system or ECC is a master system

Both. Usually, ECC is master for Master Data. Most transactional data can be mastered in either system.

I heard that in ECC only we can edit the PRs, is it true?

No, this is not true. As a general rule of thumb, it is wise to create all PRs in one system or the other, but not both. However, technically, it can be configured to perform PR creation in either or both.

Why two possible made by sap ?

I imagine to give enhanced flexibility, which had been demanded by the SAP customers. Perhaps you should contact Walldorf to get the exact explanation.

The balance of your questions I already answered in my previous post. Again I recommend that you first look at the online help previously quoted.

Rgds,

DB49

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks DB. Very nice.

Appreciate your help.

Muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Wade

transaction data in an APO ECC scenario would flow bothways ( APO to ECC and ECC to APO) it is only the master

data which flows from ECC to APO ad not other way. If u have a mterial which is externally procured Check the MRP type

If it is X0 The transation data will be created in APO and Flown to ECC. Manually PR can be created and Sent to APO.

The Purchase Requisition is called the same in both the systems. IN APO if the PR is created through a planning run or interactively and it will be assigned an APO number range and will flow to ECC from there it will pick the ECC number range and Flow back to APO. The number range concept is basically provided to differentiate the PR which have flown to ECC and come back or are still in the CIF ques.

Regards

Viren