cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formulas in Universe Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I've created an Universe on BI Query. I need to create new dimensions those are:

1. I need to create 1 dimension from Costcenter where i need only last 2 digits/char's of the Cost center.

Please tell me how can i achieve this?

2. I need to create new dimensions/change the existing dimensions in order to remove 'GNOL' from the Account numbers.

For Ex: i'm getting account number GNOL/09213231 but i want to remove the "GNOL/" from the account number and to populate the only numbers.

Please let me know how to get these?

Please guide me.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Kanth,

There are three ways you can do it -

1. Change your BI query to get these two columns in the query

2. Create a formula in your universe

3. Create a formula in your WEBI report.

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I know that we can achieve this by Formulas. But i want to know what are those formulas to achieve?

How to write those formulas?

Please guide me.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth

Edited by: Ravi kanth on Dec 22, 2009 3:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done at the report level. Right now it is not possible to use string functions in the BW OLAP universes. The expressions in the BW OLAP Universe will always be numeric value.

At the report level it can be done using substr() function avai in web-I:

substr(Acc No. ; 5 ; 10) -

if the characters are fixed in the acc no.

substr(Acc No.; 5 ; Length(Acc No.)-5) -

if the length of acc no. is not fixed

substr(Acc No.; Pos(Acc No.;"/")+1;10) -

if GNOL is not fixed in the acc no.

You can use any one of the above depending on the data.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

We had the same problem. The answer from SAP Business Objects is, there is an Enhancement Request in place for future product development: ADAPT01299968, and this is documented in note 01396693, available from the SAP.

We made a work-round. I think you have a Costcenter, where the infoobject is compounded. You can make a new Uncompounded Costcenter Infoobject in SAP BW. This new costcenter has to be an attribute on the origin 0costcenter. Now you have an uncompounded Costcenter dimension in your universe.

Regards,

Rikke