cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Flow Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

This is regarding the flow of information from Client to Backend in a SAP NW 7.1 Environment.

I am curious to know the steps involved when the information is sent ( due to either a create / update of existing data object ) from Mobile Client Device to Backend .

Hand Held Terminal ( HHT ) >> Device Specific Queue >> Call Data Object specific BAPI wrapper for Backend Validation >> Persist the Data in CDS , only if Backend Validation is Successful?.

In Simple Words,

-- where does the Data Object Instance , created on the Client Device , get persisted first - Middleware or Backend?

For the sake of simplicity, I have eliminated the Flow Blueprint Services :).

Thanks in Advance,

Suresh BJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

As a summarized form , you can understand the process as below:

When a receiver updates a data object instance in its local database and does a synchronization,

then this change is not only communicated to the backend, but also validated

and confirmed by the backend.

=>In first step DOE receives the modification request and performs conflict detection to ensure that multiple receivers are not causing an inconsistency by parallel updates of the same instance.

=>It then forwards the modification request to the backend which performs the validation and update of data.

=>Once confirmation of validation and update is received by the DOE, it persists the data in CDS and also it sends a confirmation back to the receiver which initiated the update.

=> The receiver then commits the update permanently into its local database.

=>If a rejection was received due to conflict or validation failure, then the

receiver has to rollback the update.

=>In case the modification request leads to an update of backend data, DOE checks if the subscription

state is modified and if it is needed then subscriptions will be recalculated so that other receivers subscribed to the data object also receive the updated data object Instance.

I hope this would help to resolve your query.

Thanks & Regards

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shweta,

Thanks for the update!.

Suresh BJ~

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh ,

The flow u have understood is absolutely correct,

Data is persisted first in Backend with backend validation and then its persisted to cds i.e middleware then comes down to Client through normal data flow then.

Regards,

Rajashree