cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No XML generated (Maintenance Optimizer)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We have a Solution Manager SP19 and we are trying to upgrade our ERP system from 6.00 to SAP ERP 6.0 enhancement package 4 and Netweaver enhancement package 1 SP 5. I created a maintenance optimizer transaction to download all the files but maintenance optimizer didn't generate the xml file. Now I am in EHP_INCLUSION phase in the EHPi and I need the xml file, so I have tried to generate the xml file in the maintenance optimizer again. The problem is the system show me this message: "Warning There is already a transaction for the systems of this product version", I can go through this warning but in the next step I have warning "No XML generated".

I have tried to delete the previous maintenance optimizer transaction with report CRM_ORDER_DELETE and option SMLO.

I also have implented SAP Notes: 1243197, 1311841, 1134872 and I have checked EPS and TRANS roots in RZ10.

I have generated the XML in EPS/in once for another system but I think a previosus maintenance optimizer transaction is locking the new generation for this transaction.

I already have tried to connect EHPi with Solution Manager but the installer it's bringing back an incorrect XML and the files don't match with files I'm trying to install.

I am totally lost, so any help would be very appreciated

Thank you in advance.

Alejandro.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check Note 1233954 - MOPZ: No XML Generated in EPS Inbox

2. Recheck manaually for any open maintenance transaction. If yes, close them.

3. Upgrade first to EHP3, then try for EHP 4.

4. Ensure your kernal and SAINT versions are up to date.

Rajeev

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 3. Upgrade first to EHP3, then try for EHP 4.

There is no need to go to EHP3 first. You can go to EHP4 directly. By this way you will un-necessarily increase the downtime.

Just go through the SAP notes suggested,

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to install an SAP ERP 6.04 directly. I am closing the post.

Thanks,

Alejandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We still have the problem. We have checked every step. When we create a new miantenance optimizer transaction, in the second step, if we choose "maintenance" instead of "enhancement package installation", we go ahead and the xml is generated ok. But if we choose "enhacement package installation", we can go ahead the process but non .xml is generate.

We don't know if the problem is there, but any help would be very appreciate.

Alejandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quickly answer!

I implemented 1233954 note before (I just forgot to post it) so I still have the same problem.

I recently update my SAINT/SPAM and Kernel version from both, ERP and SOLMAN system. I have checked again in tcode /TMWFLOW/MAINTENANCE and we don't have any transaction active.

I think it's a previous maintenance transaction issue, the previous one it's "blocking" the generation of new xml files. I have deleted every single transaction from the system but still "something" remains.

Thank you again guys!

Alejandro.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I belive u have checked the below notes also.

1308152 MOPZ: Check configuration for stack delta XML generation

1134872 - Maintenance Optimizer: FAQ for Stack Delta Files.

Please ensure that the data saved in SMSY are propely defined and saved. Also, recheck the product/main instance assignment. If your configuration in SMYS or DSWP is not proper, you might receive the same error.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Yes, we have checked both notes, the system are configurated ok, maintenance optimizer can find files correctly. Therefore, we have yet generated a xml file for this system but for SPs update, so we know that the problem is not there. It must be a problem with the previous transaction.

Regards,

Alejandro.