cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encountering error ntoskrnl.exe missing after every netweaver installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Iam facing quiet a weird error (3 times so far) every time after i install netweaver 7.0 on Windows server 2003 enterprise edition with oracle 10g (10.2.1.0) database with no service packs & oracle patches.

The error which read as "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt <windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. please reinstall a copy of the above file popping up as soon as i start the system . I am fed up installing multiple times and have no idea why is it happening although i read in a note 716604 that advised to apply Microsoft Hotfix 841176 but iam not sure that would fix my problem. Is it because my NTFS partition over 50GB or the installation gone with no service packs or patches or something else?

Please provide me the accurate reason and solution to my problem as quickly as possible.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Iam facing quiet a weird error (3 times so far) every time after i install netweaver 7.0 on Windows server 2003 enterprise edition with oracle 10g (10.2.1.0) database with no service packs & oracle patches.

Oracle version 10.2.1.0 is not supported, you may want to upgrade to 10.2.0.2.0. Please check PAM at service.sap.com/pam

Check your system for viruses or install OS from different media (if you happen to reinstall)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i was mistaken the version of oracle i installed was 10.2.0.1 as version 10.2.1.0 does not exist. Although it can be patched to 10.2.0.2 to but i dont have it. is it really needed? also is it because i did not apply service packs at OS level? can i run it on Windows XP or use the other windows server 2003 build?? By the way my system is virus free . please suggest me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Here its nothing to do with SAP rather your windows OS has not been installaed properly .Check with those files which its asking is available or not in your server.

Also check if this file exist in other systems where your SAP is running in same environment ie same OS & DB configuration.the best way to install SAP succesfully in your case is to reinstall your OS & before that check if this OS+DB option supported by sap .You can check it at service.sap.com/pam

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Thank you for all your support so far. the point stated by mohit may be right as it is related to operating system . May be i should use the other media inclusive of service pack 2. i also tried to copy by expanding the same file using windows recovery console but with no result. Also i saw at PAM that both OS+DB i am using are supported by netweaver 7.0 but didnt mention about any services or patches to be specific. I just ask u now if i plan reinstall NW system should i go without any oracle patches although iam using 10g 10.2.0.1.0 release 2 which is supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh my God! the same error rose again just after a fresh installation. the only change this time i made was installed without any errors using a fresh windows server 2003 with SP2 media. although my disk is fine as reporting no errors while running chkdsk. i cannot bear this any more. what do i do now please rescue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Check Note 1009297 .

By the way , Whats the Model of your system ,

WINDOWS SERVER 2003/X64 or IA 64 or IA 32?

Regards,

Gerard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw the note 1009297 but could not figure out is ot do with error iam getting? Anyways mine is intel 32bit system with 1.5 Gigs of RAM and 6GB of Virtual memory set. first time please let me know if u need any other info.

when i installed Netweaver 7.0 , the system worked for like 6 months and now the same problem occurred twice within a week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz, Iam waiting for ur replies. Please help as i need to reinstall which i dont wana do or apply any quick fix u provide for my system to come up.