cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search & Install SAP Notes using Solution Manager

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone have specific documentation on how to search and install SAP notes using Solution Manager. I have read numerous times about this capability but have not found any success finding specific info on how this is done.

Can someone please share their experience? Can you also provide some documentation?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Like what Rajeev has mentioned, you can use transaction tab in your message/ticket for searching for note or even deploying to satellite system.

for this in solman you need to maintain these 2 enties, so that it takes you to service market place.

trxn: dno_cust04

Field Name Seq Field Val

URL_DISPLAY_NOTE 1 http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm={&1}&nlang=EN

URL_SEARCH_NOTE 1 http://service.sap.com/notes

Regards,

Shyam.

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Rajeev and Shyam.

Thank you for your response. That answered my question... I do have a follow-up question though. After one searches for and adds the Notes to the Transaction Tab, how does one install it? Can the BASIS person use the Notes to install it to a specific system? How does that happen?

I'll will add points to your profiles... Thanks again.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

In the tab, there you can find 'tools' type icon namely note assistant. By selecting ur sap note and clicking on the note assistant icon, it will take you to the transaction 'snote' and you can implement the note there. I believe you are aware of the tranaction snote, which is the classical transaction used for implementing any SAP note.

Hope this answers ur question. Please revert in case of any concern.

Rajeev

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Someone out there must have this info. Anyone?

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Solution Manager does not own any specific feature of its own in searching sap notes. But as there is a connectivity between Solution Manager and Service Market place, you can search for SAP notes from Soltuion Manager.

Call CRMD_ORDER and in the Trasaction data tab, you can find a specific tab for notes. There you can search for SAP notes or even call note assistant. This will in turn take you to Service Market place.

Please revert back in case of concern.

Rajeev