cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCAR doesn't work with Downloaded Installation Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We've very recently acquired a SAP contract for Business Suite, so recently that we've not yet received the product installation disks.

However, as the installation files can be downloaded from the Marketplace, this is what I'm doing.

But... I'm a little confused:

I'm reading the installation document for Solution Manasger 7.0 EHP1 SPS20 - specifically the section that details the instructions for downloaded installation files (pages 52, 53).

It details that if I use SAPCAR to decompress the files in a specific order, that during download, it will set up the structure of the installation DVD, so far - so good.

Here's the confusion:

I'm using the SAP Download Manager to obtain all of the compressed files, but on checking them, they are zip files, not .SAR files as I expected when using SAPCAR.

I've also attempted to SAPCAR -xvf one of them, but it returns an error - format error in header. I can however, see the contents using zip.

So, question is, has this recently changed, are these files now of type.zip, if they are, how is the DVD installation structure set up, as it no longer seems to be SAPCAR that is used as listed in the Installation Guide?

Thanks for your help,

ChrisW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now a days installation CDs comes as multispanning archives. You have to download them and combine them using winrar.

For unix use unrar -x <archive file name> < target directory > . Pls check note 886535 & 1039640 for more information

Thanks

Prince Jose