cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to See print preview in Japanese

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a SAP Script SAP 4.7) which we are able to see in English in print preview. This same script the user is able to see in Japanese.

We have tried logging into SAP with Japanese language and changing the default language in user master (SU01) as Japanese, but in print preview we are able to see the output in English. How can we see the output in Japanese, the way the user is able to see it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a Unicode system?

The form is using a Japanese font (check SE73 system font, RTF information), you must install this font on your desktop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra.

In SE73, I can see the following font families for Japanese

DBGOTHIC Standard DB Font Japan

DBMINCHO DB Font Japan

JPMINCHO Standard DB font Japan

The font used in the SAP Script is DBGOTHIC .

The SAP system is unicode compatible.

Thanks

Mick

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, instead of "system font", I wanted to say "font family". Please check RTF information for DBGOTHIC, and check that this font is installed on your laptop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra for taking time out to answer my questions.

On checking in SE73 fo font family DBGothic and RTF information for the same, this is what was displayed:

\fmodern\fcharset128\fprq1 \'82\'6c\'82\'72 \'83\'53\'83\'56\'83\'62\'83\'4e

Dont know what it means.

On my laptop in control panel -> Fonts, DBGothic is not present.

From where can I get the DBGothic font and how do I go about installing it?

Regards,

Mick

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> \fmodern\fcharset128\fprq1 \'82\'6c\'82\'72 \'83\'53\'83\'56\'83\'62\'83\'4e

>

In Shift-JIS encoding, it means "MS ゴシック" (Translation: MS Gothic)

In fact, I am not sure that installing the font with this name is the best way to solve the problem. Other possibilities to investigate are:

- Do a test with smart form I18N_PRINT_TEST_SF_JA, does it display Japanese characters? (you may also edit directly the I18N_PRINT_TEST_SC_JA standard text (SO10) in Japanese language)

- Go to control panel, regional settings, install Asian support.

- In your SAPGUI settings, choose character set Shift-JIS.

By the way, do you have NOTHING or # characters in print preview?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may also find useful information in SAP Note 508854 - SAPGUI: How to use Unicode: it contains I18N User's Guide as an attachment, which explains how to choose a language, with screen captures (Windows, SAP Logon, etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra for all your help.

We were using the wrong output type in TCode MR90 to print the form in Japanese. We changed the output type and logged into the system in Japanese. This did the trick.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good. Thank you for the feedback.

(BTW, sorry about my answers that were really out of context, though your description was clear)

Answers (0)