Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifing duplicate master data records using the MDM Import Manager

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

I read the Topis "How to identify duplicate master data records using the MDM Import Manager</b>"

i tried to create import maps and to set rules. but when i import them it creates the new vendor records for each rule with rest of the fields blank.

when i import vendor data all the three fields i.e Match rate , match type and match group are blank.

My Question is :

I am getting vendor data from SAP R/3.

In which source (in lookup xml file or data xml file) do i have to include these above three fields and how all the rules will be reflected in repository?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal

Here we go when do you Import any data (vendor master) please follow the following steps;

1. First of all apply the map to the source data

2. In the Match Record tab there are 3 possiblities

a.[Remote Key] : Checks the current source rec with

repository along with all the fields - This is

b.Remove [Remote key] - by double click the same; and

choose any single fields like Vendor Number or

name - Then the current record will be matched

with the repository based on the field.

c.Instead of single field you can choose combination

also.

3. Based on the Match results, match class will be set

automatically;

a. None

b. Single

c. Multiple

4. Then Match Type

a.Exact-All the individual value matches are Equal.

b.Partial-At least one value match is Equal and at least one Undefined; no value matches are Not Equal.

c.Conflict-At least one value match is Equal and at least one value match is Not Equal.

5. then chek the Import status and Execute the import.

Hope this helps you.

cheers

Alexander

Note: Pls dont forget reward points.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Gerwin

thanks for your reply

do you mean that for every rule that i want to set , i need to import same set of data records again & again.

that is say i have 10 rules

each sets Match Rate to some value say 100 , 90 , 85, 66 ... so on

so do i need to import same set of records for every rule ???

thanks

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sheetal,

I know it's rather cumbersome, but that's what they told me and what does the trick. If somebody knows another possibility, please let us know.

Good luck,

Gerwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

I've been having the same problem. Be sure that when match the field "Match Rate", the converted value must be set to the correct value (lower left portion of the screen). So if you have an import rule that according to your definition must have a value of 100, the converted value must be set to 100. Now after you've imported the records, Import Manager may duplicate the records you import, but they will have the correct values, so duplicate-selection becomes more easy. If Match Rate has no value, of course the other match-fields won't have either.

With regards,

Gerwin

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander

Thanks for ur reply

I hv already created import maps to set rules. For each rule i created separate import map but when i imported them it creates the new vendor records for each rule with rest of the fields in vendor master being blank.

I have added Match rate , matchType fields in Lookup XML file.

When i import vendor data from data xml all the three fields i.e Match rate , match type and match group are blank.

My Question is :

In which source (in lookup xml file or data xml file) do i have to include these above three fields ?

How to import all the rules ?

and how all the rules will be reflected in repository?

Can you please send us exact procedure to do this?

Sheetal