Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Backup with Database Studio

former_member422273
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a question about recover_check with the Database Studio.

We have a SAP MaxDB 7.7.04.28 and use the Database Studio 7.7.07.12.

We use Networker as external backuptool.

The backup seems to be ok, in the log file and in the history the external backup state is available and the external backup id is displayed and I can find this in the log file u201CHave updated external backup history successfullyu201D.

When I try to check the database backup with Database Studio, I choose the backup from history, but I get an error message: u201CAn external backup id is needed, but not suppliedu201D.

When I look on the Tab Data Carriers the Parameter External Backup ID isnu2019t filled.

What can I do to check the Backup with the Database Studio?

Thanks for help

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have a SAP MaxDB 7.7.04.28 and use the Database Studio 7.7.07.12.

> We use Networker as external backuptool.

>

> The backup seems to be ok, in the log file and in the history the external backup state is available and the external backup id is displayed and I can find this in the log file u201CHave updated external backup history successfullyu201D.

>

>

> When I try to check the database backup with Database Studio, I choose the backup from history, but I get an error message: u201CAn external backup id is needed, but not suppliedu201D.

> When I look on the Tab Data Carriers the Parameter External Backup ID isnu2019t filled.

>

> What can I do to check the Backup with the Database Studio?

Hmm... with my 7.9er DB Studio this works with external backups as well...

Anyhow - there are certain features that are not fully implemented/supported until DB Studio >=7.8....

So maybe you need to use DBMGUI a while longer...

Do you have the checkbox "Show information for external backup tools" on your backup history screen?

regards,

Lars

former_member422273
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

there is no check box "show information for external backup tools". I find the information about the external backup id in the details from the history.

Where from did you get the DB Studi 7.9 ? I can't find anything about DB Studio > 7.7.

regards

Heiko

Edited by: Heiko Kamen on Dec 22, 2009 11:22 AM