cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 with EHP1 installation interruption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying to install PI 7.1 including EHP1 on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition x64 and Oracle 10.2 Enterprise Edition.

I am able to install the ABAP stack without any problems successfully. But during the AS JAVA installation, at the Oracle Database screen in SAPInst, I enter the passwords for SAPSR3 & SAPSR3DB and when I click NEXT, I get

" The DB Home folder D:\oracle\PI7\102\db_1 has not the correct DB Server version 102. Select a different DB Home folder or install the correct database server software. "

The message of sapinst.log - System call failed. Error 1816 (Not enough quota is available to process this command).

This is a surprise as I have 22 GB of swap space.

The messages of sapinst_dev.log -

TRACE 2009-12-21 00:16:54.665

NWDBora.validateDbHome(start): D:\oracle\PI7\102; 102

NWDBora.validateDbHome(numRows: 0

NWDBora.validateDbHome(done): false

The DB Home folder D:\oracle\PI7\102 has not the correct DB Server version 102. Select a different DB Home folder or install the correct database server software.

Has anybody experienced this issue ? Can someone provide me a suggestion/advice ?

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uhmm I have the same problem ... PI 7.1 EHP 1 Windows with Oracle 10.2.0.4 installed with SSM instance. Easy go to the sapsetup_instdir find the control.xml and change false -> true in section * *:

NW.trace("NWDBora.validateDbHome(numRows: ", num);

var rc = ( num == 1 ? true : true); #### HERE ... IN THIS LINE ####

NW.trace("NWDBora.validateDbHome(done): ", rc);

return rc;

Exit from sapinst and RE-EXECUTE. Choose old-installation and READY this works !!

Edison B. Ojeda

Edited by: Ingrid Andrea Correa Vargas on Nov 7, 2010 4:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingrid,

You are an Angel.. Thanks, I hate reading install guides

Rod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm installing PI 7.11 and got the same problem. It seems that sapinst has a lot of bugs.

Thanks a lot for the solution, the only one that helped me !

Dimitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in the middle of a CE 7.11 install and I have the same issue.

"The DB Home folder E:\oracle\"SID"\102 has not the correct DB Server version 102. Select a different DB Home folder or install the correct database server software."

I recieved this error on my 2nd installation attempt on the same box. The first install had issues and wouldn't continue so I uninstalled and started over. During the first installation I did complete the oracle install using the sapserver.cmd.

I did not remove the oracle software since it is a separate install.

You may have to remove the oracle software and wait until SAPinstall requests to install it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

The problem still persisted even though I uninstalled the DB & SAP softwares, removed the Registry settings completed and restarted the server.

I have tried installing the Oracle DB software through setup.exe & sapserver.cmd, but same result.

However, I always experience that not all Oracle Services get installed during the Oracle DB software installation through sapserver.cmd . But, the same is not the case when I complete the installation through setup.exe

When I complete the Oracle DB installation through sapserver.cmd, apart from iSQL service, no other service gets installed including the Listener. Registering the Listener manually doesnt help either. Hence, obviously, there is no connection to the database instance. But this issue doesnt arise when the installation is completed through setup.exe . All 5 services of the Oracle DB gets installed and the database instance is connected. I wonder why or where I am going wrong !!

Can someone throw some light on the above please ??

Thanks in advance...

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you must install through SAPSERVER,CMD... not through SETUP.EXE.

what is your ORACLE_HOME ?

it must be X:\ORACLE\SID\102

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Eric. My Oracle Home is indeed X:\ORACLE\SID\102 .

Is there any pre - installation steps that needs to be completed before the Oracle DB installation through sapserver.com ?? Because, as I mentioned above in my post, I fail to get the Oracle services installed. Manual installation of the Listener doesnt help in connecting to the DB instance.

Please advice.

Edited by: Mr.Bombastic on Dec 31, 2009 7:32 AM

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you probably also installed Oracle in another ORACLE_HOMe. your first post of this topic clearly says:

The DB Home folder D:\oracle\PI7\102\db_1 has not the correct DB Server version 102

does directory D:\oracle\PI7\102\db_1 exist?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When I complete the Oracle DB installation through sapserver.cmd, apart from iSQL service, no other service gets installed including the Listener.

This is correct and expected.

> Registering the Listener manually doesnt help either. Hence, obviously, there is no connection to the database instance. But this issue doesnt arise when the installation is completed through setup.exe . All 5 services of the Oracle DB gets installed and the database instance is connected. I wonder why or where I am going wrong !!

Nothing wrong. Use sapserver.cmd.

The way is:

- install the Oracle software delivered on DVD

- install the latest patch (10.2.0.4)

- install the latest interim patch for 10.2.0.4

THEN start sapinst.

The sapinst installation procedure will install/configure the Oracleservice<SID> and the listener.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your explanation.

My Sequence of installation is ;

- install the Oracle software from the DVD delivered

- apply the patch delivered on the DVD for 10.2.0.4

- run the Upgrade Assistant

- start SAPINST

I am able to install the software through sapserver.cmd and also apply patches to it. But when I run the Upgrade Assistant, it does not recognize any DB instance on the server as the Listener is not installed. Even manual registration of the Listener does not help the Upgrade Assistant to recognize the DB instance. This is exactly the problem I am experiencing now.

I am pretty sure that without executing the Upgrade Assistant, we would always experience the problem of the Database instance not starting and end up connecting to an idle instance.

Please advice if we have a workaround for this.

Thanks in advance.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am able to install the software through sapserver.cmd and also apply patches to it. But when I run the Upgrade Assistant, it does not recognize any DB instance on the server as the Listener is not installed.

Can you tell me why you run the upgrade assistant if you want to install a PI 7.1?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

As far as I understand, if the Upgrade Assistant is not executed, we would always experience the problem of the Database instance not starting and end up connecting to an idle instance. The sequence of problem is explained below;

Cmd prompt> sqlplus /nolog

> Connect /as sysdba

Connected to an idle instance u2013 DB message

>Startup mount

Oracle instance mountedu2026.

Oracle disconnected Connection Termination Forced

I have experienced this problem during installations of PI 7.0, PI 7.1 and PI 7.1 including EHP1.

Do you say that running the Upgrade Assistant is not necessary during PI 7.1 installation ?

Edited by: Mr.Bombastic on Jan 8, 2010 7:42 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Do you say that running the Upgrade Assistant is not necessary during PI 7.1 installation ?

Yes.

As the name implies it's for upgrading databases.

If you follow the installation guide then there is no database to upgrade. Sapinst will create a new database with the actual software. You do not create a database manually.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> " *The DB Home folder D:\oracle\PI7\102\db_1 has not the correct DB Server version 102. S

> Has anybody experienced this issue ? Can someone provide me a suggestion/advice ?

Yes.

Uninstall everything, read the installation guide and start the installation from scratch. You apparently did install the Oracle software using "setup.exe" - which is wrong. You need to run "sapserver.cmd".

Markus