cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

i got Time Out error in Production server , SAP ECC6.0 , Oracle , AIX .

Central Instance & 2 Application Instanence

"rdisp/max_wprun_time" ,The current setting is 600 seconds.

where can change the Parameter Value whether CI or AI

pls provide me any Suggestion

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satheesh,

as Manoj already mentioned you can set the value of rdisp/max_wprun_time permanently in RZ10. To activate the parameter adjustment you have to restart your SAP instances.

If you want to adjust this parameter on-the-fly .. you have to use transaction RZ11 (but this settings is lost after an instance restart) ...

Btw. you should think about why you need to increase this value .. in my experience 600 seconds are enough for dialog steps, if you cross this limit it mostly depends on some other problems (database performance, bad written ABAP code, etc.)

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos
in my experience 600 seconds are enough for dialog steps

Hello Stefan . 600 seconds per my experience are very small ))

It seems very much depends on the direction of the enterprise.

Regards.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo,

of course .. maybe i am a little bit too performance orientated )

But not only in my experience .. i am also convinced, that 10 minute for a dialog step should really be enough for a ECC system. In our business (automotive - JIT/JIS) the main transactions need to be very fast .. the analysis queries are executed in a BI system (the main intended use of a BI).

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes BI are used very intensive. But about ECC , how much are your DB?

Yes 10 min are good, but fore some reports (not so many : 4-5) this time are not enough.

Regards.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

> how much are your DB?

We have only one main ERP system for all our sites .. it is round about 3.6 TB with round about 3000 concurrent users. But the database size itself has nothing to say about the expected system performance.

> but fore some reports (not so many : 4-5) this time are not enough.

I think it is worth to take a closer look at these particular ones and tune them.

In my experience, if you extend the max_wprun_time the users start to work in a different way .. they stop thinking about their selection criteria, perform actions in dialog which should be background tasks, etc. and if this happens they indirectly drag the system performance down without knowing it. KPIs are not reached anymore, etc.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change this parameter using RZ10 in instance profile. You may want to increase this value on dialog instance or CI based on your requirement.