cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Person responsible is not copied to WBS-elements

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using a template for the creation of new projects. Some of my fields such as profit center and person responsible are flagged as required. When a new project is created the value in the field profit center on the project definition is automatically copied to the WBS-elements in the standard structure. The problem is that the field person responsible is not copied.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Petter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Is there any difference between the Profit Center field and the Person responsible field?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes there

Profit centre is an organisational attribute and is used to trigger posting to profit centre for profit centre accounting

person responsible is just plain and simple master data to assign the project person responsible

0 Kudos

I need to define the person responsible at the project definition level when I create new project. We have a lot of different people who are reponsible for projects. If you add profit center when a new project is created the value is copied to the WBS-elements.

Petter

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can either define all these in the template at the WBS level

or use subsitution rule to default a value from somewhere

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the template have you maintained the person responsible at the Project Definition level