cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People involved in Charm Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi at all,

we are currently planning on implementing Chnage Request Management in Solution Manager.

I just read that the SM is checking in the process wether the Tester and the Developer are different persons. Does this mean I could do the whole process with 2 people only if i needed to?

Tanks

Miriam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What business sense does it make to do all the ChaRM process with 2 people??

Yes, in practical, if you want to do a demo or something with ChaRM, you can perform this with 2 people. Even if u try to execute the same with only one person, you still can. SM will throw only a warning.

ChaRM is basically runs based on the roles. If you are providing all the roles to one person, you can execute what you mentioned. But in the real business sceario, Developer wont have the access of tester and not with the change manger etc.

Hope this clarifies.

Rajeev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miriam

It seems you have a problem in understanding the flow

go thru the foll demo files..it will explain you the whole process and ur doubt

Regular corr

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000872582009E/index.htm

Urg corr

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000872612009E/index.htm

Hope prb is solved now

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer. The reason why I was asking is that we sometimes have some little internal changes that are not requested from a different part of our company but we know it has to be done but also documented like a change request, and we would like to do that with 2 people only, because it makes mor sense for that type of change.

Tanks again

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can.

Just assign the various roles to your id and you alone can do the same or to 2 persons.

But roles are required so the in normal situation you can have the flexibitliy and restricted authorization.

Hope ur prb is solved now

Regards

Prakhar