Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User conflicts UNIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m making and installation on UNIX and I get the next error

RNING[E] 2009-12-21 17:49:56.787

CSyUserImpl::addToOS(const CUserData& data, ISyProgressObserver* )

FSL-01002 Unable to create account user="apoadm". UX: /usr/sbin/useradd: ERROR: Unable to create the home directory Operation not applicable. (return code 12)

WARNING[E] 2009-12-21 17:49:56.789

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

ERROR 2009-12-21 17:49:56.909

FCO-00011 The step createAccounts with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_Users_Create_Do|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|createAccounts was executed with status ERROR .

ERROR 2009-10-21 10:08:21.968

FCO-00011 The step createAccounts with step key |NW_Users_Create|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Users_Create_Do|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|createAccounts was executed with status ERROR

The note 1300536 says this:

Solution:

1. Stop the ABAP stack as described in the installation guide (Additional Information -> Starting and Stopping the SAP System).

2. Open a command prompt and execute the command '/usr/sbin/usermod'.

3. Continue with the installation.

but I don´t know what options I´ve to put in the command usermod

You can do this in one of the following ways:

• If you choose parameter mode "Typical", proceed as follows:

1.) Check the entry in the "User ID" field for adm .

• If you choose parameter mode "Custom":

You can enter the user ID directly during the phase "Define Parameters" on the screen "Diagnostics Agent > OS User Parameters".

However, you can also check and - if required - change the user ID assigned to adm via the "Parameter Summary Screen" as described above.

More thanks

Edited by: Ruben Torres on Dec 21, 2009 5:50 PM

Any Suggestion?

More thanks

Edited by: Ruben Torres on Dec 21, 2009 5:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m making and installation on UNIX and I get the next error

Is that "Unix" in that case Solaris?

RNING[E] 2009-12-21 17:49:56.787

CSyUserImpl::addToOS(const CUserData& data, ISyProgressObserver* )

FSL-01002 Unable to create account user="apoadm". UX: /usr/sbin/useradd: ERROR: Unable to create the home directory Operation not applicable. (return code 12)

The directory can't be created, most likely because /home/apoadm is not a directory but will be mounted automatically by the automounter.

Please create the user manually using "/export/home/apoadm" as the home directory of the user.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ti manually fix the issue we:

1. Created the home folder /export/home/<sid>adm

2. Execute the command: /usr/sbin/useradd -c "SAP System Administrator" -d /exprt/home/<sid>adm -m -g "sapsys" -G "sapinst" -s "/bin/csh" -u (####) <sid>adm

Note: #### stands for an unused user id number, e.g 3033

Regards,

JC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

Why don't you manually create the users beforehand and then do the installation ?Also did you set umask to 022 before starting the installation ? Please try with that option as well.

Regards.

Ruchit.