cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI Tables parameter change not reflected in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a custom BAPI used in my VC model.It has one tables parameter.I have a requirement to add new field to the structure of that tables parameter and I did.But the new field is not reflected in VC automatically.I have completed the design and I don't want to import again and design the same model.

How to get the new field in VC without affecting the model?

Thanks & Regards,

Vino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is an option to refresh the data service when you right click on it.

Either try with that or if you open test data service you have a generate option which should give you the new fields.

This works for BI data services, so I guess it would also for bapi.Do let us know if this works

Rgds

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member71614
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello. The default lifetime of your connection lifetime is what is creating the issues.

See the following link ... provides all the neccesary information you require:

/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/01/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-i

Connection Lifetime in the Visual Administrator

Everybody who has already worked with RFC function modules knows the issue, that after a changing of the import or export parameters in the backend system, Visual Composer doesnu2019t realize the changing in the backend system.

Also the modification of the setting in Visual Composer under Tools > Options > Compiler > Data service retrieval to u201CDo not cache data service (get latest)u201D has no effect. Other advices, like restarting the J2EE engine or renaming the function modules were not practicable. Therefore I contacted the SAP support and asked them for a better solution. Expecting that there must be a setting in the J2EE engine which defines when the metadata is read from the backend system. In the end, this was confirmed by the SAP support.

The following pictures illustrate the settings in the J2EE engine.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/22433/connection-in-pool-timeout.JPG

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

In the Visual Administrator you can change the u201CConnection Lifetimeu201D as shown in the screenshot above. You can set an interval (in seconds) for updating the metadata of RFC function modules with the backend system. I tested it on our system, which is used by our R&D department and other users, so that I can say, I had tested the system with the new setting under stress. I set the connection lifetime to 60 seconds, so that we can use a changed RFC after approximately one minute. I recommend everybody developing Visual Composer applications with RFC function module to also change this setting, so that you have the latest function module available in your models after approximately one minute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vino,

Try This.

Tools>Options>Compiler--> select "Do not Cache Data Services" against "Data Service Retrieval....."

Once you have tried to generate the dataservice and see if your fields are appearing.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Rk.