Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Log

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have encountered with a situation where in, the logs for a specific user (example ABC) is not recorded. However, the audit log for all other users is recorded and shown successfully. The Audit Log is active in the system.

However, when I checked in SE16->USR02 table for this user (for specific date for which no audit log is shown for user ABC),

system is showing the correct transaction date(for which no audit is logged).

Can anybody share their experience on this?

Should you need any more information, please let me know.

Regards,

Faisal

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you probably know you can set up various filters on audit events. So one reason may be that your user does not fit to any criteria. I would check the current profile in SM19. Also check your selection criteria when you read system log in SM20. This types of stupid mistakes happen very often. At least to me

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

> This types of stupid mistakes happen very often. At least to me

LoL. You can count me in as well.

I can see it from here, again... -> the filter slot is not active for that user. It was originally activated on the dynamic filters and then the instance was restarted, which bumped the settings back to the static ones.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

May I request you to kindly elaborate it a little bit more?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SM19 and check on each filter tab that the "Active" checkbox is flagged.

When switching between Statit and Dynamic profiles, it is best to start /nSM19 again as in the past the screen did not always clear.

Also take note that you cannot use wildcards in user names unless you have activated it (not default).

SAP* = user ID SAP*, not all users starting with the name SAPxxxxx ...

Cheers,

Julius

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you.

Regards,

Faisal