cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling special characters in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a file to IDoc scenario. I am getting file like following with special characters...

"20091012","9026","6227","-1","BOX","MM ORDER 104010100 plusc handels gmbh Winterthur-Töss"

"20091012","9026","6227","-1","Bürgi","MM ORDER 104010100 plusc handels gmbh Winterthur-Töss"

whatever special characters are coming from the source file I need to pass same character to SAP. But wherein the special characaters are changing in SAP like below...

ö = ö

How do I get the same special characters in SAP? Please suggest...

Regards,

Rams.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Refer this blog

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/9420 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Check this note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 File Adapter

Here in one qs you will find the following....

Q: I am trying to get the File Adapter to poll a file, which contains special characters (e.g., accented characters or umlauts) in its file name. However, irrespectively of the wildcard mask I specify in the File Adapter sender channel configuration, the file does not get picked up. Which configuration setting do I need to change to get my scenario working?

A: Under certain operating system platforms, such as Solaris, the APIs used by the Java Runtime (JRE) are not Unicode-aware. Consequently, the JRE needs to be configured to correctly interpret the character set it receives from the operating system.

This is configured through the "file.encoding" system property as well as the "LANG" environment variable.

Make sure you set "file.encoding" to a character set (such as ISO-8859-1) that supports the special characters you would like to process. This system property can be configured by appending "-Dfile.encoding=<encoding>" to the Java VM parameters section of the SAP J2EE Config Tool.

Additionally, you need to set the "LANG" environment variable to a locale that supports more than 7 bits, such as "de.ISO8859-1". The encoding you specify in the LANG environment variable needs to match the encoding set via "file.encoding".

You can persistently configure the environment variable by setting it in the profile $HOME/.sapenv_$HOSTNAME.csh of the <sid>adm user: setenv LANG de.ISO8859-1. For additional details on 'How to Work with Character Encodings in PI' the following guide can also be followed: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9...

Hope this will help you...

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can be handled either by using XSLT (CDATA function) or JAVA mapping.....just make a search with "Special characters" and you will be able to find the blogs for the same.

Regards,

Abhishek.