cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking DMS DIR to Service entry sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to link DMS DIR to Servise entry sheet(ML81N). As there is no standard SAP object(ESSR) I need to achieve this by Development.

I found out the procedure for development as below which I could not understand properly.

**************************************************************************************************************

Object links to other SAP objects

You can make an object link to SAP objects that are not shown in the possible entries list. To do this, proceed as follows:

In the standard system, there are already two special screens for the module pools SAPLCV130 and SAPLCV140 for the linked SAP object.

You must create two new screens with the same number for the module pools SAPLCV130 and SAPLCV140 .

The processing logic must follow that of screen 1204 in program SAPLVC130.

Create function module OBJECT_CHECK_XXXX (XXXX = object name)

If the object can be classified, this function module already exists .

Otherwise copy the function module for linking equipment DOCUMENT_CHECK_EQUI and change it as required for the new object.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Please explain step by step procedure for achieving this development.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Madhu G S

Edited by: Madhu Gs on Dec 21, 2009 8:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you above given procedure

**************************************************************************************************************

Object links to other SAP objects

You can make an object link to SAP objects that are not shown in the possible entries list. To do this, proceed as follows:

In the standard system, there are already two special screens for the module pools SAPLCV130 and SAPLCV140 for the linked SAP object.

You must create two new screens with the same number for the module pools SAPLCV130 and SAPLCV140 .

The processing logic must follow that of screen 1204 in program SAPLVC130.

Create function module OBJECT_CHECK_XXXX (XXXX = object name)

If the object can be classified, this function module already exists .

Otherwise copy the function module for linking equipment DOCUMENT_CHECK_EQUI and change it as required for the new object.

*****************************************************************************************************************

I created the object link as OBJECT_CHECK_ESSR for service entry sheet but problem is that how it will come in the cross application>document managemnet> define document type> define object link > new entry(in the list) ? .

ie how to attach the new created object link to doc type(DIR) .

Edited by: sgadekar2006 on Feb 24, 2011 4:11 PM

Edited by: sgadekar2006 on Feb 24, 2011 4:12 PM

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu

Get in touch with your ABAP consultant .

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

pavan_rachamalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the procedure:

Create a new document type in DC10.

Define object links for the document type with object.

Maintain object link descriptions if you want to .

Maintain key fields

Maintain screen for object link

For doing these, you may need to maintain tables like V_TDWA, V_TDWOT and V_TCLO.

These are the only steps to create link for your new custom object.

Thanks

Pavan