Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation issue in VC 7.0

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an input form where user enters some data and clicks submit button. I wanted to validate the input form, I used the validation tab of each input field and wrote formulas for each... till now everything is fine.

But when user enters wrong data and clicks submit button, till request is passing to backend. my validations are only giving suggestions by making the input field as red marked with my custom text, they are not stopping the process to backend.

How to stop the process to backend when validation failes?

I know these question was raised many times, but I didnt find any solution.

I also know it is possible in "VC 7.1", but what about VC 7.0?? is it possible or not?

Thanks,

PradeeP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The validation feature in VC 7.0 does nothing more than prompt the user to enter proper values as far as we have seen. We too had a simlar issue and ended up with trying to disable submit when there are invalid input values.

Dont know if this would look good with you, but do give a try if you wish .

Rgds

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

As user can click submit an empty form also... so I dont think disabling submit button should work for me...

Anyways, how could we disable if any validation error is there? we have to write the code(formula) in the disable property of the general tab of submit button... but how we will know that validation got failed???

I tried to write formula for submit button disable, but didnt get any option to check validation failure.

help me out...

Thanks,

PradeeP

former_member71614
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

You have several options to address what it is you are attempting to achieve by design - so there is no hard and fast rule.

One way is to create a validation service/bapi that retruns a result with either an error message or not allowing you to perform a "post" and then "get" results value. Another option is to introduce a "status/results" screen in between your process flow to manage the validation logic when posting.

Another way to do this is to set storage values along your validation path and only enable the button when the condition is met (problem being that you only want to validate the form once the control is fired). To make this effective you can set a gaurd condition on the event you are calling to only trigger when that condition is met. If you select the event your action will be processing and look at the properties you will see the gaurd feature available for you. When the condition is met the event will fire.

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

requirement changed.

Thinking VC 7.0 has limited validation, we can not stop navigating / requesting backend when a validation role encounters.

Correct me if I am worng.