Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC 6.0 to SQL Server 2005 data passing using webservices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please suggest me the integration procedure for the following:

For example:

Material master creation in SAP is the source this has to pass SQL server (External server) Destination.

I would be more helpful by using Web Services on both sides.

Kindly advice

Thanks

Subani Shaik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Well, looks like you try to integrate IT layers that can not communicate in this way!

You can either use web-services between SAP ABAP as consumer and Microsoft .Net application as provider (that would write in its own SQL Server DB). Otherwise, write directly from ABAP in SQL Server via ODBC (direct SQL request).

Hope this helps

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thanks for suggestion,

Could you please elaborate your answer!

as i do not have any idea neither...ODBC connection from SAP to RFC destination (External SQL server).. not web service.

But i'm trying through Remote enabled function module and call RFC destination type 'G' as external SQL server Via T.code SM59

Here i'm getting Run time Error. RFC destination as illegal Destination Type 'G '. If you any suggestions kindly reply...

Once again thank you very much..

Regards,

Subani Shaik

Edited by: subani shaik on Dec 31, 2009 10:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand, your SQL external server isn't the database used by SAP ... But just an external SQL database which contents a copy of specific datas from SAP as material master....

Then integration architecture depends of different questions :

Should you be real-time ? If yes you should develop a specific integration based on user exit and/or IDOC to update data from SAP to your externat server. If no, a simple job in ABAP could do this job and invoke external webservice from SAP.

Who is the trigger ? If your trigger is a .net application, should should develop a RFC proxy with .net connector or erpconnect to call bapi into your SAP System OR you can activate the soap rfc service into SAP (transaction SICF) and invoke SAP webservice from your external application ( as MS SQL , MS BizTalk, etc.... ) .... But remember that a RFC is alway faster and safer than a webservice.

Best regards

Jerome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

Your suggestion is much appreciable,

It would be more great if you can give some more suggestions on:

If the trigger point is SAP(MM01/MM02) t.code..via user exit.. to pass this data, for that i have developed remote function module with structure ...tables

CALL FUNCTION 'ZMATMASTER' DESTINATION 'ZSQLSERVER' .

While calling the destination runtime error occurring with message: illegal destination type 'G' .

But in SM59 T.CODE The HTTP connection with External Non-SAP DB (MS Sql Server) in SAP and RFC connection test status is OK..

Is there anything to configure/Setup connection by me / BASIS ...??

Thank you very much

Regards,

Subani Shaik

Answers (0)