Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Server can not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,<br>

I need your help...<br>

<br>

I installed ABAP+Java stack (ECC6.0 and SAP J2EE Engine/7.00 PatchLevel 109886.44).<br>

When I view http://myserver01:50000/sld, I saw that the SLD server is stoped and I can not start it even I click "Start Sever button", system gave me error message "Failed to send start signal for complete cluster, SLD may still be stopped on other cluster nodes.".<br>

<br>

I checked the log in Administration tab, the log said:<br>

===========================================<br>

#4 12/20/2009 19:40:06.390 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_6] FATAL com.sap.lcr.start.StartDirector: SLD start failure, unable to activate the SLD CIMOM. Check the log of the persistence medium for any errors. If the error is reproducible, please send a message to SAP. More...<br>

#3 12/20/2009 19:40:06.375 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_6] FATAL <br>com.sap.lcr.objmgr.core.TransactionContainerChangeBuffer: Storing changes to cache failed. Please restart the application to reinitialize the cache.(Error: CIM_ERR_FAILED: Failed to initialize cluster notification sender.) More...<br>

#2 12/20/2009 19:40:06.375 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_6] ERROR com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.ClusterNotificationSender$JMSSender: Failed to initialize cluster notification sender. Please check your JNDI service and JMS provider for errors. More...<br>

#1 12/20/2009 19:40:06.31 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_6] FATAL com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.CIMOMServlet: SLD initialization failure, can not set up cluster-wide event notification. Please check your JMS provider for errors. More...<br>

#0 12/20/2009 19:40:06.31 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_6] ERROR com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.ClusterNotificationListener: Failed to initialize cluster notification. Please check your JNDI service and JMS provider for errors. More... <br>

===========================================<br>

<br>

Could any one tell me how to start up the SLD? <br>

More information: When I click Administration>details>Data, I saw:<br>

==================<br>

Nothing Available<br>

Model Version (sld/active): No model loaded<br>

SAP CR Content Version (sld/active): (SLD server stopped)<br>

==================<br>

But when I checked the location of E:\usr\sap\EC6\SYS\global\sld\model, I can see cimsap.zip and CR_Content.zip files there.<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

Further more, I was a little bit confused about the SLD HTTP Port, that is during the installation parameter setting phase (SAP Sytem-> Central SLD), I choose SLD destination as "Register in existing central SLD(default)", and set SLD port to "8089", SLD Data Supplier User as "SLDDSUSER", but I can not find user "SLDDSUSER" in ABAP SU01, it's very strange. when I tried to view http://myserver01:8089/sld, it said "Page can not be found", could you tell me what's the difference between these two URL: Http://myserver01:8089/sld and http://myserver01:50000/sld?<br>;

<br>

There are totally two questions(one problem and one question) of mine, any suggestions is welcome and it's surely that I will follow up and close this thread for the effective solutions.

<br>

Thank you very much in advance.<br>

<br>

Best regards,<br>

Nick<br>

<br>

Edited by: Li Nick on Dec 20, 2009 5:33 PM

Edited by: Li Nick on Dec 20, 2009 5:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I click on VA->Cluster->Server->servises_.SLD data supplier, there are no error messages, but I don't know how to check the status,

Pls follow the

Scenario 1

present in below link for for testing the CIM setting in SLD

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/23/b557422d095542e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Could you kindly tell me the function difference between the two URL:http://myserver01:8089/sld and http://myserver01:50000/sld?

the port which start from 8089 is ICM port , you are able to access the SLD using the PORT 8089 is because you are using abap + java system

the port 50000 is java port which is actual port used for SLD.

When ever you installed a new system and you have to specify the port of SLD to new system at that time you should provide the port no which start from 5NN00 ( NN is instance no )

In Java only system you will able to view port 50000 and not port 8089.

Also can you tell us the system where you are facing SLD problem are you using any additional application server ???

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your detail explanations.

To check the status of the SLD server, I will check later because I can not connect to the server now. I will ask you if problem persists.

I havn't installed any of the other application server on that server, the OS is purely installed just several days before and only windows sever 2003 x64 with ECC6 SR3 IDES (ABAP & Java stacks).

Regarding the port number, can I understand like this: the port 50000 is the netweaver administration port number for SLD Server, each system register system information to this SLD server? The 8089 port is the port which ABAP system used to transfer ABAP system information to the SLD server?

I have one confusion, in the installation parameter setting phase, I provide SLD host = myserver01, SLD port = 8089 SLD data supplier = SLDDSUSER and also the password for it. that is to say, the port 8089 is what I defined by arbitary, is it something wrong? should I choose 50100? (01 is my java instance number) because I can not view http://myserver01:8089/sld.

And strangely, neither in ABAP SU01 nor J2EE UME can user SLDDSUSER be found, could you kindly tell me the reason? what's function of this user? To supply system information of the individual server periodically to the central SLD server?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Nick

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We faced the same issue and got resolved by applying the SAP Note 971249.

Regards,

Agustuss

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

1. Is SLD a pure java component that ABAP system should connect it through gateway port (JCo or something else..) and Java engine connect it directly with HTTP/HTTPS?

Above statment is right

2. So, the mechanism of Solution manager to manage all the systems is also based on SLD? Can we monitor all the system landscape without Solution manager, just SLD instead?

SLD is central repositoy to store system data present in landscape , Solution manager is used to monitor all the system using SLD also.

We can't montior system by just using SLD.

3. The functionality of the Visual Administrator->Cluster->Server->Services->SLD Data Supplier is to provide user inforamtion of the system that will be registered info. onto the SLD server, not configuring the SLD Server? (SLD is configured through Webpage port 50000 and to-be registered server is configured through Visual Administrator?

SLD Data Supplier is a area in As java system where you provide the information of existing SLD system ( the Exisiting SLD mean where SLD services is running )

SLD is purely java component

user SLDDSUSER belongs to the "TO-BE Registered" system, not the SLD server, am I understanding right?

SLDDSUSER belong to SLD server

so, the event of "Trigger SLD data transfer" is to send system information to the SLD Server

Yes.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil and Lakshminarayanan,

Thank you very much for your kind help.

I think this problem already been solved due to JMS permission problem, after I made some changes in the security role in VA, it works.

Now, I have just one question before closing this message and give you points.

My question is simple but I don't know so far::) that is what is the icon stand for in the security provider.

Please see the picture in the URL:http://hiphotos.baidu.com/lizifang_1385/pic/item/ba6e0bcfebeb7c610eb3454e.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks very much for your answers, I will close this message and re-ward to you.

Happy new year:)

Best regards,

Nick

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

After clicking on

Tirgger sld data transfer

, check in DEFAUL.TRC what error log says.

Thanks

Anil

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Regarding the port number, can I understand like this: the port 50000 is the netweaver administration port number for SLD Server, each system register system information to this SLD server?

Yes above statement is right

The 8089 port is the port which ABAP system used to transfer ABAP system information to the SLD server?

NO , port 80NN is never used to SLD data trasnfer from abap to Java.

for data transfer from abap to SLD , gatway port is used ( abap communicate with SLD using gateway port i.e 33NN )

I have one confusion, in the installation parameter setting phase, I provide SLD host = myserver01, SLD port = 8089

Port should be of java stack and not ICM http port ( i.e rather tahn port 80NN , you should use the port 5NN00)

I have one confusion, in the installation parameter setting phase, I provide SLD host = myserver01, SLD port = 8089 SLD data supplier = SLDDSUSER and also the password for it. that is to say

check the user in client 001 ( user SLDDSUSER should be present in client 001).

Thanks

Anil

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Dec 21, 2009 7:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks so much for your promote reply.

check the user in client 001 ( user SLDDSUSER should be present in client 001).

Strangely actually it is in client 001 that I search for this user, but there isn't one......This user name is provided from SAP by default in the imstallation master screen, what I entered is just port 8089 and the password for it.

I will change port 8089 to 50100 for testing again, and also I will check the TRC file as you mentioned, thank you.

May I ask:

1. Is SLD a pure java component that ABAP system should connect it through gateway port (JCo or something else..) and Java engine connect it directly with HTTP/HTTPS?

2. So, the mechanism of Solution manager to manage all the systems is also based on SLD? Can we monitor all the system landscape without Solution manager, just SLD instead?

3. The functionality of the Visual Administrator->Cluster->Server->Services->SLD Data Supplier is to provide user inforamtion of the system that will be registered info. onto the SLD server, not configuring the SLD Server? (SLD is configured through Webpage port 50000 and to-be registered server is configured through Visual Administrator?

that is to say, user SLDDSUSER belongs to the "TO-BE Registered" system, not the SLD server, am I understanding right?

And so, the event of "Trigger SLD data transfer" is to send system information to the SLD Server? RIght? (The system here means the ABAP+Java engine I just installed)

I'm sorry that my question is a little bit more:) but I really want to clearly understand these points before solving this problem.

Thank you very much for your kind explanations.

Best regards,

Nick

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If u see on top of the sld data supplier " Tirgger sld data transfer " option. Click and check. on the information screen " send result " should shows " success " , if failure sld will not work..

Regards

Lakshminarayanan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshminarayanan,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to click "Tirgger sld data transfer " button yesterday, but failed, so, this means my SLD server isn't running:(

Could you please kindly tell me the source and destination of this trigger event? To send the system information of the J2EE server to the SLD server (register system information on SLD)? If my understanding is not correct, please kindly let me know.

Thank you very very much.

Best regards,

Nick

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. did ur SLDDSUSER password changed. if u changed the password u need to update in "HTTP setting, CIM client setting" and save. Again trigger sld transfer.

2. Otherwise check SLDDSUSER is locked or not.

Sorry for delay reply.

Regards

Lakshminarayanan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshminarayanan,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Actually there are no SLDDSUSER in my system although I gave password for it during parameter setting phase in installation master.

I feel very strange, Maybe the SLD server was totally not installed on my server that I need to re-install it by standalone?

Thank you and best regards,

Nick

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

did u check visual administration -- under - server0- services-sld data supplier option , could u pls check that the service is running or not ?

Regards

Lakshminarayanan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshminarayanan,

Thank you for your reply.

When I click on VA->Cluster->Server->servises_.SLD data supplier, there are no error messages, but I don't know how to check the status, the screen only contains input field SLD Host, SLD data suppiler, SLD data supplier password,etc... and with some buttons like Save Delete... Sorry I'm new to the SLD, many concepts are ambigous.

Could you kindly tell me the function difference between the two URL:http://myserver01:8089/sld and http://myserver01:50000/sld?

for the first URL, i can not view it since the page can not be found.

Thank you and best regards,

Nick