Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete an object from all roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about user authorization.Think about it ,I have an object and I want to delete it from lots of role.I tried but I couldnt.Is there anyway to delete object from all roles that have,I really need the answer cause sometimes it takes days.Thank you so much for your concern.

Murat Türken.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Building less roles in the design or using derived roles are a popular alternative, but that is a bit late now.

One low-tech workaround is to download all the roles you want to change, and then edit the file and upload it again. With SUPC you can mass generate the profiles again.

If the object is a "standard" one and the transaction impacts the set of roles without impacting others, then you can also change the proposal in SU24.

Other folks develop their own tools.

If you work out that it is "once off" and will take a few hours but not days... then it is often less hassle and faster to just get yourself some popcorn and nice music to listen to while slugging through it. It is also stress free...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi again,

If I use SU24 and If I change the object all user will be affected. let me explain,I have 200 roles and I want to change half of them. You told me that I can download the all roles and I can upload again.You mean We have a transaction for all this or not ?

thanks

0 Kudos

Su24 will affect all roles with that transaction in the menu and the authorization as standard (or another field maintained). If you can find the "culprit" transaction then set the proposal to "No".

With 100 roles to disable (don't delete a standard authorization in a role! Only delete manually and possibly changed ones!!) and without disturbing whatever else you have in there... I would go for the popcorn technique.

Click (launch role on PFCG)

Click (Authorizations tab in change mode)

Click (Open authorizations)

Click (Disable authorization of the object)

Save and generate profile(s)...

For the mass download / upload utilities you can look in the menus of PFCG.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I agree with you , but is it not possible to write a ECATT sript or LSMW to disable the object for 200 roles ?

Thank you

0 Kudos

The problem with trying to automate this is the positioning of the cursor. The object will be on different positions in each role and may occur more than once......

0 Kudos

He has 200 roles and wants to change half of them. I am still in favour of the popcorn option and taking a look in each of them at the same time to see why the object is in the role.

You can learn from that, and solve the problem via the menu if necessary.

You cannot learn from a script, and the menu and proposals might bring the object back again.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all your helps