cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time reporting in CAT2 - which Cost Center is credited

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I have account assignment to the network activity in CAT2 which has no Work Center the system request me to specify the Work Center in the activity master.

Same time the employee has the Cost Center (to be credited) in the Info Type 315, and my activity is managed from different Cost Centers, so I also want different Cost Centers to be credited.

But when I maintain a Work Center, the system ignores Info Type 315 data and credits the Cost Center from the Work Center costing view...

Is there any solution not have a fixed Cost Center even though Work Center is maintained?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, the system will ask for a work center for the activity when you make a time entry. But When you make a time entry in CATs, you can very well input the desired cost center for the activity. Just make the cost center field as input in CATS data entry screen. This will work out.

Maintain cost for that cost center and activity type in KP26.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kabir,

I believe that Info Type 315 should perfectly serve for the same purpose. Why the end-user should take any additional action if this relation is setup?

Thanks,

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is quite generic and PS - CATS std. integration support the same. Which activity type and cost center system has to pick it's totally depend upon your data entry profile settings.

In your data entry profile please check the default section.

If I followed you correctly than your requirement is that you wanted to default PA315 Cost Center in your time sheet irrrespective of the work center you enter in the activity. Just tick appropriate section in your data entry profile.

Please refer this, it will make clear your doubt.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/e2/dc823bd26a5c42e10000000a114084/content.htm

With Regards

Nitin P.