Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Issues - MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch 04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

System Details: MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch 04

Please note we are already operational and we need to send in Delta changes for the Enhancements we have carried out. The first time we had no issues in TRansport as we did the Archive/Unarchive of the Repository. But we cannot do it this time as we are already live. Also please note we do not have CTS as this is suported only in 7.1. We have tried to Repair Reposiotry but stil have the below issues.

I need your input in the following:

1. What is the best way to transport from Source to Target System.

2. We are using the Export Syshema/Import Scheme Mechanism. But when we do this it was noticed the following changes did not come when we imported the schema

- Taxonomy changes did not come through : Does this mean every time we move the changes across TEST, QA and PROD we have to recreate the Taxonomy.

- Workflow changes did not make it either: do we have move the delta changes manually ?.

- Maps do not come : So we use the Import and Export of Maps for this. Is there any other easier way.

3. Is there any thing else that does not come through when we import schema that we should look out for ?

4. I had to rename my Taxonomy . I changed only the Name Field not the Code. But now I notice that my Map is showing both the old and new Name for the Taxonomy. As a result when we import the Map in TEST the new Taxnomy is coming unmapped . Is there a way to make this consistent. Is there something to make this consistent.

I had created the Import Map with the old Taxonojy name . Now I have changed the Name of the Taxonomy not the code. The Map continues to work good in DEV but when we transport to TST it is coming unmapped for the Taxonomy attributes. Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Sh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sh,

Answers inline below:

1. What is the best way to transport from Source to Target System?

The best way with the version you are using is to import the reposiotry schema.

2. We are using the Export Syshema/Import Scheme Mechanism. But when we do this it was noticed the following changes did not come when we imported the schema

- Taxonomy changes did not come through : Does this mean every time we move the changes across TEST, QA and PROD we have to recreate the Taxonomy.

Taxonomy/hierarchy will not be transported as the structure is created in data manager.

- Maps do not come : So we use the Import and Export of Maps for this. Is there any other easier way.

Maps will also not come (solved in 7.1)

Regards,

Pramod

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your Inputs and Suggestions. I have rewarded points to all useful inputs.

Thanks once again.

Thanks,

Sh

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check my comments below:

1. Import/Export schema is the way to Transport. (this is the transport in real, archive/unarchive is kind of client copy to me as is transports everything).

2. Yes, with Import/Schema some objects are not transported. For those objects you have to do manual configurations in target system. (specially with 5.5 like workflow as they are not transportable)

For Maps, you can use import/export Maps, but there are changes that transported map will not work, and mapping will be gone in target system because of import/export schema, as internal field id may change. check Note # 1246745 for more details.

3 Workflow, Matching strategies, Maps does not come with import export schema which could be important for you.

4. once you transport shcema for the first time, then import all reference data in the repository. Subsequent import/Export schema won't and should not effect your check tables data or taxonomy data (untill you delete some field from the repository)

check Note # 1246745 for Mapping issue

Please let me know if you have any query. lets wait for comments from others as well.

Regards,

SHiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for your answers. They have been very helpful. And from the Note I get the feeling there is not solution for the unmapped fields once the Maps are transported. It would mostly have to be handled manually.

I am hoping for more inputs from our experts in this forum.

Thanks,

SH

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sh,

This is a known issue. We too are experiencing the same.

In SP06, recreating import maps in a new environment is a must.

Regards,

Vinay M.S