cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching a document to a customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I want to attach a document (PDF) to a customer.

And when creating a new sales order of this customer, the document attached appear. How can i do ?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, convert the sales order into PDF file and save in a hard disk. Create a u2018documentu2019 in DMS (Data Management System); the transaction code is CV01N. Link the PDF document in the u2018Documentu2019 created in DMS. In the object link, enter the customer code. Now the PDF form of sales order is linked to the customer.

You can view all the documents maintained for the customer; transaction code is VA01. Extras >> Documents.

Hope this information will be useful to you.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

I create a document in CV01N, I attached a DPF file and after, i enter a customer in the object links tab.

When i go to the sales oder of my customer : Extras >> Documents

I can't found any attachement. this message appear : "No item exist"

What's missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have entered the customer number in the object link of the u2018Documentu2019 created in DMS. So, you are able to see the PDF file in the Customer master only. Goto the customer master XD03 and check the document in Extras >> Documents.

If you want to link the document number of DMS in the sales order you should have u2018Sales documentu2019 as one of the tabs in object links. Then only you can link the document number with the sales document.

To add the u2018Sales document itemu2019 in the Object link: Goto SPRO >> Cross app components >> Document management >> Control data >> Maintain key fields. Check for table VBAP; or add this in the list.

Goto SPRO >> Cross app components >> Document management >> Control data >> Define document types. Select your document type say u2018ABCu2019 and click on u2018Define object linku2019. Goto new entries and enter the object VBAP. The screen number is 215. Save the settings.

Now you are able to link the document number created in DMS with sales order.

Hope this information will be useful to you.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

Thanks for your reply

I have done all these steps.

When I create a new sales order for the customer. the system do not bring the document attached to the customer automatically in the sales order.

I have to search the document corresponding to my customer and it's not very easy.

Is there any way to insert the document automatically from the customer to the sales order.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the Top Left hand corner you can see a icon called service objects

Go there and create attachment.

you can do the same in XD03/VA02 - the attachment Lists will give details of the documents attached to the customer.

if you cannot see the service oject ....

Go to system ,user profile, own data

in the parameter tab specify this SD_SWU_ACTIVE and X

this will activate services for sales order.

Edited by: SAP Consultant on Dec 20, 2009 6:08 PM