cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Transfer Archive Link and sap viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I configured archive link to view attached documents with the sap viewer via HTTP. The document is stored in a external Content management system. When I try to retrieve a document, the sap system genereates a request to my external archive server. The server sends a response back to sap. But will the content directly go from the archive server to the sap viewer application or will the content travel to the sap server and then to the client pc? For example: the sap server is in australia, the client PC in the USA and also the repository and archive server is in the USA. Will the content travel to australia and then back to the client PC in the usa?

Thanks,

Nicole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

As far as i know when you create a document in you Content server SAP creates a link to that document, When your frontend request a document, SAP forward you to that link and SAPviewer retrieve the info directly from the Content server to the frontend.

Hope this help!

Juan Reyes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

yes thank you, this is very helpful.

But do you know if there are different possibilities to configure the Frontend communication(direct content server communication and communication over sap server)?

Nicole

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicloe,

Yes we can directly hit it. But think about the security issues. Basically,I don't suggest that.

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

thank you for your answer. But do you no were I can configure it or where can I found a documentation?

I searched for it, but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Nicole