Message no. XS637

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am enable to send mail sap user

when i check SOST,

Error comes

Message no. XS637

Diagnosis

The message could not be delivered to recipient . A temporary error (such as the hard drive being full) has occurred in the processing of the communication system.

System response

Processing was completed normally.

Additional information of the used node (if available, in the system language of the node):

451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=203.90.68.

Procedure

Attempt to resend the message at a later time

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP note no. Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

Configure as per sap note and try

Regards,

Saket Bhandare

Former Member
0 Kudos

my some msg could not send from sost

i have to send force fully.

my abap programmer make a schudule all sale order go to all market user

it runs in backgound at night

and we schduled program for mail sending every two hours

but my all msg are going

Message no. XS637

Diagnosis

The message could not be delivered to recipient . A temporary error (such as the hard drive being full) has occurred in the processing of the communication system.

System response

Processing was completed normally.

Additional information of the used node (if available, in the system language of the node):

451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=203.90.68.

Procedure

Attempt to resend the message at a later time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem.

Could you please let me know how to fix this problem

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dude!!

This is not really related to Windows at all, but anyway I think that I can help you in this particular.

As you could see, the text explaining error message XS637 is:

Currently no delivery to &, since recipient cannot be reached.

The error XS637 is set if the mail server returns one of the following error codes: 451 or 452. From the IETF's RFC-2821 on SMTP mail, you can read the following description of 4xx errors:

4yz = Transient Negative Completion reply

The command was not accepted, and the requested action did not occur. However, the error condition is temporary and the action may be requested again. The sender should return to the beginning of the command sequence (if any). It is difficult to assign a meaning to "transient" when two different sites (receiver- and sender-SMTP agents) must agree on the interpretation. Each reply in this category might have a different time value, but the SMTP client is encouraged to try again. A rule of thumb to determine whether a reply fits into the 4yz or the 5yz category (see below) is that replies are 4yz if they can be successful if repeated without any change in command form or in properties of the sender or receiver (that is, the command is repeated identically and the receiver does not put up a new implementation.)

This means that the mail server rejected your send request due to a temporary problem, and the advice is to resend the message at a later time (without any changes). This happens usually when trying to set multiple connections from a single SAP system (SAPconnect), so your mail server rejects them due to its security settings; but this is just an assumption, I recommend you to cross-check with the SMTP server admin.

You can also get further details by checking note 607108

Cheers!!

-Jesú