cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP License issue after system refresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After system refresh, refreshed system has License info of source system. When trying to apply license from unix, it gives below error, saying system number is incorrect to apply new license. Looks the system number of source system is causing issue. I checked, there is no data in MLICHECK table. I could see some info in "saplikey" table. System is 700 system.

sidadm> saplikey -install "/home/SID/sid_multiple.txt pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/SID_DVEBMGS01_sapsidci

This system's system number is "000000000710287641", but there is a license key

for system number "000000000711311441" in file "/home/SID/sid_multiple.txt".

sidadm>

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

For Netweaver 7.0 based systems (you mentioned "System is 700 system") license cannot be applied at OS level using slicense command. That is not supported with this release. This is why you are getting this error.You need to do it through transaction SLICENSE. Need to login using SAP* in this case.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

While saving license at unix you must have checked the new license (using new license push button).

Anyway if you have access to the service market place just download the license script and then install the same by using sap* user.You can goto slicense tcode and then edit->install license.Before that you remove all the invalid licenses in the system.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopal.VVS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

you can do it in a second way.

Logon to client 000 with user SAP* and run transaction SLICENSE.

There you are able to check the installed licenses, to delete or to install them.

I also think that you have to delete old licenses before you can install a new one. I think there is a possibility to increase the number of installed licenses but i do not remember the parameter name and did not find on sapnet...

regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

First check whether you have deleted all invalid licenses?

use below command to delete invalid licenses

sidadm>saplicense -delete

And apply new license based on new hardwarekey with below command

sidadm>saplicense -install

*I think there should be some invalid licenses lying in your system

Regards

Nick Loy