cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install EP on PI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you guys,

I have installed a PI 7.0 system.And I want to install EP on PI server.I am not sure how. As my opinion, I should download the patchs from service.sap.com/swdc>download>Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group> SAP NetWeaver>SAP NETWEAVER> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0>Entry by Component, and under this path there are three entries refer to EP:Enterprise Portal,EP Core and EP Content. I am not sure whether I download these packages & patches, and then use SDM to deploy them to PI server?? And then there is EP core in PI system and I can copy a client to configure it as a EP system??

I am not sure if this process is correct or not??Any experts give me some advice??

Thanks a lot in advance.

BR Villy.L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you guys,

Thanks a lot.

BR Villy.L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Villy,

If you have enough resources (Hardware including CPU, Memory etc) if you can install EP on the same system as PI installed.

Enterprise Portal, the well-known SAP Portal installation that includes all Portal components and functionality. EPC stands for Enterprise Portal - Core u2013 is a leaner installation of the Portal that includes only the core Portal functionality without additional functionality such as Knowledge Management, Collaboration, etc

If you are implementing a full Enterprise Portal, you should go for EP because this gives you a full Enterprise Portal with all Portal functionality, Web Page Composer (WPC), Knowledge Management, Collaboration, and so on. If you are looking for a leaner installation that consumes less memory, disk size and other resources, you should install EPC. Keep in mind that you can move from EPC to EP at any stage.

So to install Enterprise Portal (EPC), You need to select EP Core component as well along with other components.

For installing only EP, you only need to select EP component along with other required components.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sehar,

I only want to use EP to learn webdypro for ABAP. EPC is enough??

BR Villy.L

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I only want to use EP to learn webdypro for ABAP

Is the PI server also used for your own training purpose? If yes and if there is no major processing happening on the server then you can install EP also.....but if the server is shared (or used for project purpose) then may be you should have a look into this:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Villy,

If its only for learning purpose, then i suggest EPC alone will be enough.

Because, Enterprise edition had addition components and that would lead for additon resource consumption.

I hope this helps in concluding your stratergy.

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Dec 20, 2009 2:26 PM