cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Custom Role Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

All -

My question is about creating custom role attributes in CUP. I read in the "SAPu2122 GRC Access Control 5.3 Document Version 3.10 u2013 December 2009" on page 245 that "You can also define your own attributes to support your needs by adding custom fields." I have two questions:

1) Can I defined custom role attributes outside of the delivered ones (Company, Functional Area, Application Area, Business Process, Business Sub-Process, and Functional Area & Company)?

2) If "yes", where do I do this in CUP?

I'm running AC 5.3 SP10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes , you can define your own attributes as many as you want

Configuration --> Custom Fields --> Field Label

All these Field Labels will be shown as separate tab (Tab Name : Custom Attribute) , so in this tab you will get all the attributes which you have creates manually .( You can check this in configuration guide CUP)

Hope this will help you

Thanks

Uma Shankar Tekumudi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uma, Alpesh, Simon -

Thank you for your responses. They were all very helpful.

- Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Here is my response:

1) Can I defined custom role attributes outside of the delivered ones (Company, Functional Area, Application Area, Business Process, Business Sub-Process, and Functional Area & Company)? Yes

2) If "yes", where do I do this in CUP? Go to Configuration --> Custom Fields and click on Create...In this screen, Make sure to change the applicable to filed to point to 'Role'. This way, you will get a custom field related to roles.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Alpesh says, you need to relate these custom fields to Roles otherwise they will not be assigned as such.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon/Alpesh,

If I create a custom field with the 'Applicable To' as Role will I be able to see the new attribute field in the 'Role -> Attributes' screen ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. As this is a custom attribute. You will see this filed associated with every role.

Alpesh