cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Order for a Co-product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are testing a new production process, within my company that would be a Co-product, in order to check how this kind of production will impact among our current business model, we have built the whole scenario as per necessities.

All Master Data have been completed correctly (BOM, Recipes, Resources, Activity types, ect...), and now we are trying to complete a whole cycle, so we can check how this will affect to different business areas.

From an Execution side, I'm very much interested on knowing how Process Orders should work.

The aim of this test is to have one single PO for these two differents SKUs, as they are part of the same family of products. However, I've been reading and checking that in fact the system will automatically generate two different process orders. y assumption was that all reservations, etc, will be handle throught one BOM. Also original quantity to be produce will be given by a unique PO, it is also the case, of being working with PI sheet, where we have develop it, for this kind of scenarios.

Hence, will be much apprecitated if you could please give me some tips about what are the logical steps for this kind of production. I've been checking on the net, but I could not find much information about co-products.

It would be also much appreciated if you could please let me know if the steps bellow are correct, in order to manually test this kind of scenarios:

1- Process Order Creation:

- Two different PO needs to be created one for producing main article + co-product, another for co-product (How this split will be handle in the future?).

2- Control Recipe Destination (Send all messages).

- How many messages will the system send (one per PO, or a unique one for the main PO).

3- Complete PI sheet.

4- Send message manually (As at this point we wont test any interface, we'll need to fake this )

5- Goods recipe for the order.

6- Posting of the activity.

7- Good Issue.

8- Completing PI Sheet.

9- Technically Completion.

In case you know of any documentation which could help me for understanding how this will be driven, it very useful!!

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want to create again a production order since it already coming as co-product in another order.

(My understanding is first it self you are getting two SKUs,main product and co-product .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought I closed this thread yesterday,but obviously,I did it wrong.

I have alreaddy gone through the process being at follows:

1. Create one single process order for main item (which will include also co-product) -- 1 PO for bot products.

2. By going to the transaction CO53, we do send all messages (for 1 PO).

3. Manually creation of Porduction messages onfirmation trough transaction CO57 (at this stage we won't test any interface to the labelling system). -Confirmation message needs to be created for both items (main product and co-product)-. Qtys will be based on BOM (My recomendation is to create about 10 production message, so you can fake pallet confirmation so Finanze test will be also precise).

3. On the process message monitor console we do send all message (as many as we have created for both items).

4. (In my case in usin PI Sheet), By going to transaction CO60, we do create an complete PI Sheet (In my case I have added consumption of Dough + Rework). PI Sheet has been configured for allowing two different FG information. As from this all material consumption will be calculated.

5. Back to te process message monitor (CO54), send all messages for bot items (we could also skip point number 3 and send Porduction messages at this point).

6. Close PO as technically complete.

If you ave correctly set your scenario, meaning to create stock for all components, etc..., from a manufacturing execution point of view, this should cover all necessary steps for a testing.

My only issue now, will be with MES, as aparntly (please correct me if worng), Co-production will only accept automatic confirmations on the main product.

However, as you mentioned, you only create 1 PO for main product, which will include on the BOM the co-product. The MRP will calculate all necessities for both products.

Hope this helps to any one!!!

Best regards and thanks.