Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with BPM-Merging 2 files.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing one issue with my development object...it is a BPM scenario in which i am merging 2 files using constant correlation id...JDBC to File scenario...i am using 2 JDBC adapters at source side...the scenario is getting executed without any error and i am getting the output...but the output contain only the data in 1 file...merging is not happening and only one file data is displayed in the output...could someone help me with this issue???am i missing something here??any help will be really appreciated...

Thanks,

Lekshmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
merging is not happening and only one file data is displayed in the output...could someone help me with this issue???am i 
missing something here??any

The Transformation step (2:1) is not getting both the files.

Either both the files are not properly collected or you have missed some mapping logic.....if you give two files as input while testing the Interface/ Message Mapping are you able to get one output with the required data? Context plays an important role when you merge two files into one

Ensure that you have maintained the source and target structures propely in the properties window of the Transformation Step.

Regards,

Abhishek.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As mentioned in your replies i have retested the following cases...

1.I have checked the IP in ID and its saying "No semantic errors found".

2.I have checked the correlation maintained for both the files.In both the Receive steps it have used and activate correlation.I have given a constant value fo the correlation container.

3.I have included the message types for the 2 source messages and 1 target message and mentioned their occurences as 1.

4.My interface mapping is in sychronization with message mapping (reg message types and occurence)

5.When i am testing my interface mapping and message mapping i am getting the desired output.

6.I have maintained the target and source structures properly in the properties window.

I want to add one more thing here....

I have tested the same scenario with 2 file adapters instead of JDBC senders earlier and it was working fine.I was getting the 2 files merged in the output.Once i have deleted the file adapters and included JDBC adapetrs it is giving me this problem.I tried recreating the entire scenario from the beinning but no use....

Could someone explain me what is going wrong....:-(

Regards,

Lekshmi.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As informed in my earlier post the same scenario was working with File adapters at source side.I figured out why it was working earlier.

Since i have generated the source files for the File adpaters i have added the name space as displayed in the mapping(highlighted in bold letters).

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<ns0:Message1>

<ns1:Test1_MT xmlns:ns1="http://testing.com/Details">

<row>

</row>

</ns1:Test1_MT>

</ns0:Message1>

<ns0:Message2>

<ns1:Test2_MT xmlns:ns1="http://testing.com/Details">

<row>

<VIA_NO/>

<VSL_NM/>

<ATA_DTTM/>

<PATA_DTTM/>

<ADT_INS_DTTM/>

<ADT_UPD_DTTM/>

</row>

</ns1:Test2_MT>

</ns0:Message2>

</ns0:Messages>

But in the case of real time scenario data is pulled from database and the input file is created through JDBC adater i am getting the source message for mapping as :

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<ns0:Message1>

<ns:Test1_MT xmlns:ns="http://testing.com/Details">

<row>

</row>

</ns:Test1_MT>

</ns0:Message1>

<ns0:Message2>

<ns:Test2_MT xmlns:ns="http://testing.com/Details">

<row>

<VIA_NO/>

<VSL_NM/>

<ATA_DTTM/>

<PATA_DTTM/>

<ADT_INS_DTTM/>

<ADT_UPD_DTTM/>

</row>

</ns:Test2_MT>

</ns0:Message2>

</ns0:Messages>

When i tested this message in message mapping it is giving only the first file in the output.

Any idea how to resolve this one?

Rgds,

Lekshmi.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Any1 faced the same kind of problem?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lekshmi,

UPDATED

Can you paste here the two payload or part of payload (which you get from jdbc sender adapter) and the correlation that you have used inside BPM..

Also both Source structure looks same to me (except one is having ns and another one is having ns1, but that shoudl not be a problem)

Regards

Suraj

Edited by: S.R.Suraj on Dec 21, 2009 1:14 AM

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

If the namespace is not a problem then how can the message mapping work fine with the File adapter?

If i am testing the message mapping only by pasting the rows and not the namespace i am getting the desired output...it seems very strange but that is happening in my scenario...

Rgds,

Lekshmi.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lekshmi,

In the second case (when using JDBC), after pasting the complete structure in test tab of message mapping, come to the normal view and see whether any node is red in color on the source side.. if not then the content is correct..

Also in your jdbc sender adapter hope you have given correct document name and namespace.. During multimapping XI adds Message. Message0 etc to the input payload, we dont have to make it explicitly

Regards

Suraj

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I have loaded the message mapping with the source message created by the JDBC adapters.But as mentioned in your reply the second message starting from the message type node i.e.<ns:Test2_MT xmlns:ns="http://testing.com/Details"> all nodes and fields are appearing in red color...

Then how the mapping is getting executed???it is not even throwing any error...

Rgds,

Lekshmi.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lekshmi,

That the problem.... try to get those red nodes as green and it will work for you.. Red nodes can be a result of wrong field name, case etc... so try correcting them first

>>Then how the mapping is getting executed???it is not even throwing any error...

Yes it may not throw any error as the traget fields getting creating out of these nodes may be non-mandatory ones.. or it may be some other reason...

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell what steps you have included in your BPM?

You mentioned that while testing with File you inserted namepacesinto the payload.....this is not required....i doubt the BPM design....we dont add/ remove namespaces in such a case.....the only thing required is that your BPM should be designed to receive two files and then in transformation (as well as mapping) you should have 2 separate source messages (included one below the other).

Also when tetsting with File you should place two different files (in source directory) and not combine the data of two message into one and paste one single file

Regards,

Abhishek.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The problem as with the namespace created by JDBC adapter.It was creating the wrong namespace as i have given wrong MT in the Document Name of JDBC processing parameters.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Rgds,

Lekshmi

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The problem as with the namespace created by JDBC adapter.It was creating the wrong namespace as i have given wrong MT in the Document Name of JDBC processing parameters.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Rgds,

Lekshmi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekshmi,

As per the issue I suggest kindly check the output of both the JDBC adapters first, as you have mentioned,it was working with files then definitely it has to work with JDBC too.The structure which you have posted seems you have created the standard structures of JDBC...So there will be no issue.May be the data which you are pulling from the database is not getting populated from both the tables so only one data is posted in the target file.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

As stated above you can check the IP in design.Secondly make sure your messagemapping is working properly .

1. If from two databse two different type of messages are coming and it is being merged in one MessageType at target then in message mapping include both the message type and make the occurence according to the need

2. In interface mapping carefully change the occurence of interface as it is in the message mapping .

3. then you have to call the Interface mapping in transformation step .

4. Make correlation for both the source file i.e any one field of both the source message should be called in correlation editor.

Last but not least Follow some SDN post for collecting file in BPM.

Regards ,

Saurabh

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

1)Pls test your integration process in design .....goto integration process ....check.

it shound be without any semantic errors.

2) Also check correlation maintained for 2 source files in correlation editor.

There should be a common field for defining a correlation

Regards

Abhijit