cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between SRM and 3 R/3 backends

pedro_santos6
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll Call the SRM 5.0 to 3 Backends one 6.0 and two 4.7.

There arent different countries, all in the same country and have the same material, vendors. However with different codes.

How do I deal with the replication of master data without having to triple the information in SRM?

There is the possibility of mapping standard in SRM?

The impact will be great if we have 3 codes for the same material in the SRM, as it is misleading for the buyer and will subsequently impact on the way down the request.

I'm in the extended scenario.

Thanks,

Pedro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Could you please refer consultantguide for SRM, which will help to you resolve this.

Regerds,

Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravindra_mantri2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

One of the way of resolving the issue of replication of similar data could be -

1. Create material and vendor data in one backend system using internal number range

2. Replicate material and vendor data in other backend systems using External number range and make sure you assign exactly same numbers as created in step 1

3. If this is done, then you can create data in SRM using external number ranges and assign them same numbers as in step 1

In this scenario, all materials and vendors would be locally created in SRM. But based on backend connections, when documents are replicated in backend, system will find data available in backend also with same numbers. This will not create any problems or erros in posting documents.

This will definitely resolve problem of similar data replication and burdening database system.

-rgds,

Ravi

pedro_santos6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1. Create material and vendor data in one backend system using internal number range

Materials are all made, the customer already uses the R / 3 to more than 10 years.

2. Replicate material and vendor data in other backend systems using External number range and make sure you assign exactly same numbers as created in step 1

I can not modify the number ranges.

3. If this is done, then you can create data in SRM using external number ranges and assign them same numbers as in step 1

This can not be done.

What is my situation.

The SRM is already being used for some years connected to an R / 3. The ranges follow the same pattern.

For example:

Material R/3.01 Black Ink 01

Material SRM 01 Black Ink 01

Now I will turn 3 more backends to SRM.

Material R/3.02 Black Ink 02

Material SRM 01 Black Ink (You can be 01 material?)

When the request down to the application will R/3.02 Material black ink 02 on the backend.

'm In SRM 5.0 Server 5.5

Is it possible??

ravindra_mantri2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.