MDM External Library - NoClassDefFoundException during Runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have the following environments.

- SAP Portal 7.01 SP5

- SAP MDM 7.1 SP3

- SAP NWDS 7.01.05

--> I created a Development Component of Type "External Library" and add all MDM Jars in library folder, created Public Parts for Compilation & Assembly with both Build Time & Run Time.

--> Created a new Development Component of Type J2EE Server Component (Library) and add the above two Public Parts as used DCs with only Build Time. Deployed this project in Portal Server (I can see the MDM Jars files when i view the project in Visual Administrator)

--> Created a new Development Component of Type WEBDYNPRO, and add the above J2EE Server Component DC as a Used DC with Build Time only. Add an entry under Library References for the above J2EE DC. Build the project and deployed in Portal. When i run the project, i get "NoClassDefFoundException".

Could any one please help me? Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Vijay Budati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Greg_Austin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You don't need to package the MDM APIs into an external library because they are already in a library ready for deployment to the Java engine. Deploy the MDM SDA files that come with the download and you just need to reference them in your web dynpro application. You will also need a library that doesn't get deployed that you will reference only at build time so NWDS knows how to build your web dynpro application.

Right click on your web dynpro project and choose properties. Under the Web Dynpro References section choose the Library Reverences tab and add com.sap.mdm.tech.mdm4j

Then create a library DC and add the MDM jars to it and expose public parts just for building another component, no need to deploy this piece. You will reference this library in the used DCs of your web dynpro project. Now your web dynpro knows where to get the jars at both build time and runtime.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

First of al you dont require addition J2EE wrapper for the MDM Jars since if you have deployed the MDM BP and Java APIs on the server then you can reference them at runtime using the following reference: sap.com/com.sap.mdm.tech.mdm4j

Also if you want to do it explicitly then the reference to J2EE wrapper should be at rntime and not at build time, you need to give build time reference to the External Library.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg & Arafat for your helpful answers.

I awarded points to both of you.