Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade Livecache?

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm hoping to gather some information about how to best downgrade livecache.

We recently upgraded our sandbox SCM system from 5.1 -> 2007, and livecache from 7.7.03 -> 7.7.06. Once I completed the upgrade, the project team decided not to continue with the upgrade in the rest of our environment and I'm about to move our SCM sandbox system back to the previous level with a system copy from our production system.

I'm not sure how to handle livecache. I can refresh the data from production, but the livecache application would be newer in sandbox and we don't want that. I tried to apply the patch of the older version to the newer version, but as I expected, it wouldn't let me downgrade.

My thought would be to completely delete the current livecache instance, then reinstall back to the level where we're at. Unfortunately I don't know how to uninstall livecache. I found note 599129, but it looks like that's just removing the SAP MaxDB software. The note specifically says it doesn't uninstall the SAP software.

Is it as simple as uninstalling the current version with sdbuninst and then reinstalling the version I want with sdbup? When I originally installed livecache, I used sapinst. I'm trying to figure out where that comes into play here ... or if it needs to.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

~TJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

u201CWe recently upgraded our sandbox SCM system from 5.1 -> 2007,

and livecache from 7.7.03 -> 7.7.06.u201D

• Did you run the upgrade to SCM 7.0?

• Did you create the SAP ticket concerning the reported questions/issues?

The liveCache release 7.7 is supported on SCM 5.1 and SCM 7.0 systems.

On the SCM 5.1 you need the LC/LCAPPS 5.1 package, which has the LCA Build released

For SCM 5.1. Review u201CMatrix of released LCA builds for SAP LC/LCAPPS 5.1u201Dat

www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/livecache -> SAP liveCache Technology Release Information: SAP LC/LCAPPS 5.1

LC/LCAPPS 7.0 package contains the SAP liveCache 7.0 LCA build and the relevant liveCache kernel.

Please see the database software packages with the versions installed on the server using the command u201Csdbregview u2013lu201D.

Please review the u201CDeleting an SAP Systemu201D section in the installation

Guide u201CSAP SCM 5.1 ABAP on <OS >:<DB>u201D

The SAP installation guide could be found at service.sap.com /instguides ->

SAP Business Suite Applications-> SAP SCM -> < corresponding system version >

If you would like completely delete the current livecache instance, please follow the note 599129,

You found the correct note 599129.

You could use the SDBINST or SDBSETUP to install the LCA/liveCache software, the versions has to be the same as you have on PROD system. Then use the DBMGUI or DB Studio to create the instance for the restore. Please use the DBM user control, the default DBM user by the SAP installation.

Please review SAP note 457425 - Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/restore

For SAP liveCache documentation please see the SAP note 767598.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Natalia,

Thank you for your response. I will read the recommended guides / notes. Yes, I upgraded SCM to 7.0. I didn't open a message with SAP about these questions as they're more of a 'how-to' instead of something that's broken. That's why I thought it would fit better here in the SDN.

~TJ

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello TJ Wilkinson,

thank you for the additional information.

Please let us know if you have further questions on your downgrade Project.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Answers (0)